BOOK OF THE WEEK: Hello New You by Katherine Bebo
The staff at Bookmark in Spalding present their first choice for the new year:
Being healthy doesn’t have to be hard. Eating junk food, drinking too much and rarely (or barely) exercising – we’ve all been there.
Sometimes you just need a bit of help, some practical advice and a few words of encouragement to get yourself back on track. Intended for anyone with a busy life, this handbook gets straight to the point, gathering together useful tips, motivational quotes and achievable steps towards a healthier body and a happier mind.
No matter where you’re starting from or aiming for, there’s something here to spur you on, including:
- Dietary hacks to avoid overeating, improve sleep and reach your ideal weight
- Good guidance on fats and carbs, which are often misunderstood
- An honest look at how alcohol can affect your health (and your finances)
- Easy ways to reduce your alcohol consumption
- Clever ideas for matching your workout to suit your mood and schedule
- Sound advice on choosing exercises that keep you motivated
Hello New You by Katherine Bebo (RRP £8.99). Available from Bookmark in Spalding at £7.99 and an extra 20% off with the voucher in this week's Spalding Guardian (on sale Dec 27 until Jan 2).