Pyramid B have seized control of Spalding and District Snooker League Division One after streaking seven points clear last week.
Vital frame victories from Spencer Dawkins (O49), Jason Green (O56), Dave Pearson (O14) and Alfonso Palumbo (O42) guided the Bourne boys to a 5-2 win over Crowland C.
Palumbo starred with a 39 break, while Dawkins pocketed a fine 30 before finishing off with a 25 clearance.
And while Pyramid were winning, title rivals Donington C and Tulips B were busy slipping to costly defeats.
Donington were handed a 5-1 reverse at Holbeach D, despite a 45 break and 35 clearance from star man Neil Reynolds (O49).
The same scoreline saw Pyramid A dash Tulips B’s hopes, although Mark Woodberry (O28) did trouser a 40 break for the Spalding side.
Fourth-placed Long Sutton B closed the gap on those two with a 4-2 triumph at Holbeach C. The highlight of that game was a 40 break from Steve Godfrey (O21), who won a critical penultimate frame.
Towards the foot, Long Sutton D did their survival hopes the power of good with a 4-2 away success at seemingly doomed Consti B. Ben Lewis (O7) clinched their victory.
In Division Two, Pyramid D put the skids on Bourne SC A’s title charge as they won the derby clash 4-2.
Pete Grose (R7) sealed the lion’s share of the points for the away side by taking the notable scalp of Mark Gray (O98) in the final frame.
Third-placed Whittlesey A cashed in on their slip-up by beating hosts Services B 5-1.
Trevor Hipwell (O7), Laurie Smith (R7), Gary Thewliss (scr) and Malc Bruce (R14) all won to move Whittlesey within four points of the top two.
Elsewhere in the second tier, Russell Morse (O14) weighed in with a 34 break to help his side defeat Consti H 5-1. There was also a 25 break from Andy Grimwood (O14)in Consti G’s 4-2 win at Pyramid C.
Down in Division Three, Gosberton A continue to chip away at Holbeach B’s lead.
The in-form Lee Watson (O7) managed a 28 break as the second-placed side picked up a 5-1 victory at Gosberton A.
At the same time, table-toppers Holbeach B were beating Consti E 4-2. Phil Coaten (O7), who made a 20 break, Barry Haynes (R7) and Reg Walmsley (O7) won the first three frames to ensure victory for Holbeach, but their lead is now just four points.
Donington B’s title hopes look to be fading after Services D handed them a 5-1 beating.
Mike Small (R14), Karen Howlett (R21), Tanya Peel (R7) and Lisa Fitter (R14) did the business for the Spalding side, leaving Donington 11 points behind Gosberton.
FINALS WEEKEND SCHEDULE
(All matches at Springfields Events Centre. Start times are more of a rough guide)
FRIDAY (March 7)
• 7pm: Billiards Shield (200pts up - aggregate score): Long Sutton v Crowland B.
SATURDAY (March 8)
• 10.30am: Billiards Individual Handicap (200 points up): Sean Swinburn (Long Sutton, O20) v Mick Johnson (Consti, O160).
• 12 noon: Snooker Senior Masters (best of 3 frames): Jim Thompson (Donington, O7) v Nigel Ward (Holbeach, R7).
• 2pm: Snooker Mixed Pairs (2 continuous frames): Claire Ball (R21) and Stuart Atkin (O42) (Long Sutton) v Susan Lefley (R14) and Sean Swinburn (O49) (Long Sutton).
• 3.30pm: Snooker KO Cup (best of 5 frames): Pyramid B v Services D.
• 6.30pm: Snooker Scratch (best of 7 frames): Jason Green (Pyramid) v Neil Reynolds (Donington).
SUNDAY (March 9)
• 10.15am: Billiards Scratch (90 minutes): Mick Cooper (Long Sutton) v Rob Childs (Crowland).
• 12 noon: Ladies’ Snooker (best of 3 frames): Rachel Mayfield (Long Sutton, R21) v Tanya Peel (Services, R7).
• 2pm: Snooker Pairs (2 continuous frames): Jim Howe (O7) and Paul Spicer (scr) (Crowland) v Mark Gray (O98) and Mike Byrne (Bourne SC).
• 3.30pm: Snooker Handicap best of 3 frames): Nigel Brasier ( Donington, scr) v Mark Woodberry (Tulips, O28).
• 5.30pm: Snooker Scratch Pairs (2 continuous frames): Bren Bowman & Nic Savic (Tulips) v Peter Holland & Oliver Turner (Sutton).
• 7pm: Norey Cup (best of 7 frame): Pyramid F v Donington C.