ANOTHER county title could be on the cards for Spalding Golf Club’s ladies after they aced their Lincolnshire League Division One South campaign.
The women’s ‘A’ team delivered another top showing in their final match of the season, beating Toft Hotel 4-0 to take an unassailable advantage in the standings.
Spalding’s wins came from Elaine Hancock and Angela Roper (5&3), Lesley Williams and Angie Maltby won (3&2), Paula Brown and Ruth Atkins (1up) and Anita Cross and Anne Ellis won (3&2).
Holders Spalding will now play-off against the winners of Division One North on September 13 at Boston West course, where they will try to be crowned county handicap league champions once again.
• Spalding’s ladies’ section held an open AM/AM event, which attracted 26 teams and 150 players from all over the county and beyond.
The first prize was won by a mixed team comprising of Jill Emerson (Seacroft), Sylvia Mobray (Market Rasen) and Carol Westcott and Vera Tasker (both Rutland County) with 97 points.
Second placed went the way of Lesley Williams and Anne Ellis from Spalding, along with Sarah Gibson (Boston West) and Janet Jessop (Stoke Rochford) on 94 points.
Paula Brown (Spalding) managed to score an eagle on the 17th and a two on the ninth hole.
Tydd St Giles GC
• RESULTS: Ladies’ section: Sunday Medal – 1st Nicola Stead 71 nett; 2nd Petra Meir 75 nett; 3rd Jackie Maton 77 nett. Winner of the Blades Barbers July Medal – Nicola Stead 71 nett.
• Thursday Stableford – 1st Nicola Stead 39pts; 2 Maria Taylor Vassall 33pts (ocb); 3rd Jackie Maton 33pts.
• Sunday Stableford – 1st Maria Taylor Vassall 35pts; 2nd Nicola Stead 24pts; 3rd Christine Burton 24pts.
• Twilight Trophy (nine-hole strokeplay competition) – 1st Petra Meir 34.5 ; 2nd Maria Taylor Vassall 37; 3rd Sue Racey 38.5.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club
• RESULTS: Ladies’ section: Ladies Invitation Day – 1st Chelsea Petty (Sutton Bridge) and Lyn Worthington (Boston) 40pts; 2nd Suzanne Larham (Sutton Bridge) and Ann Gullick (Boston) 36pts; 3rd Jane Rose (Sutton Bridge) and Carole Holland (Spalding) 34pts (ocb); 4th Carole Whitelam (Sutton Bridge) and Christine Burrell (Saunton GC in Devon) 34pts. Nearest to the Pin – Trish Sharpe (Kirton Holme). 2’s competition – Janet Simpson (Sutton Bridge) and Carole Holland (Spalding).
• Ladies’ August Medal: 1st Margaret Fox 94–18=76; 2nd. Suzanne Larham 106–27=79; 3rd. Jen Baines 103–23=80. Best scratch – Margaret Fox.
Gedney Hill Golf Club
• RESULTS: Ladies’ section – Gedney Hill 4 Kirton Holme 0 (Janet Davis & Ann Chick won 4&3; Maggie Bingham & Marilyn Sayer won 6&5; Jenny Venters & Kim Markillie won 3&1; Jacqui Rust & Christine Lord won 6&5).