A MAGNIFICENT putt on the 15th green helped Angela Roper and Paula Brown seal Spalding Golf Club’s Presidents Putter title.
Playing in decent weather conditions at Surfleet, Brown and Roper beat Ruth Atkins and Mo Wallace to reach the final.
The dynamic duo’s opponents were Jill Huggins and Debra Ward, who had seen off Chris Vickers and Jenny Wilson in the last four.
In what proved a keenly-contested final, Huggins and Ward raced into an early lead. But Roper and Brown soon pulled level the match, before taking the lead.
There were only a couple of chips and putts between the teams, but Brown’s heroics on the 15th green sealed a 4&3 victory, which did not reflect how close the two teams were.
Tydd St Giles Golf Club
TYDD’S first mixed event of the year was won by Nicola Stead and Paul Elsey.
Played in warm conditions, the Valentine’s Mixed Competition saw 12 couples do battle in a better ball Stableford contest.
Elsey and Stead were out in front with 40 points, with Maria and Mick Vassall pipping third-placed Beryl Clay and Andy Betts to second.
Winners of the nearest to the pin prizes were Paul Elsey and Mick Vassall
The event raised £51 for the lady captain’s charity.
• Seniors’ section: Monthly medal: Fold division– 1st Baz Smith 86-18=68; 2nd David Doubtfire 87-17=70; 3rd Ken Parker 86-14=72. Silver division – 1st John Elliott 94-21=73; 2nd Eddie Armstrong 98-22=76; 3rd John Ormiston 95-21=77. Bronze division – 1st David Morris 98-26=72; 2nd Brian Knights 100-24=76; 3rd Anthony Petch 102-24=78.
• Stableford Trophy: Gold division - 1st Thomas Brewer 37pts; 2nd Steve Hart 37pts; 3rd Gerry Sherriff 36pts. Silver division - 1st John Gamble 36pts; 2nd Roy Bodley 33pts; 3rd Eddie Armstrong 33pts. Bronze division - 1st Brian Knights 36pts; 2nd Kenneth Sherry 33pts; 3rd Frank Warrick 32pts.
• Men’s February Stableford: Division One – 1st Andy Rowell 33pts; 2nd Luke Rowell 32pts (ocb); 3rd Ian Gerrard 32pts. Division Two – 1st Julian Davie 37pts; 2nd Robert Mann 36pts; 3rd Chris Simmonds 35pts. Division Three – 1st Gavin Shinkin 31pts; 2nd Brendan Docking 29pts; 3rd Paul Milward 29pts.
• Monthly medal: Division One - 1st John Nobbs (81-11=70); 2nd Jamie Stott 78-8=70; 3rd Luke Rowell 79-6=73. Division Two - 1st Trevor Sewell 94-18=76; 2nd John Kellegher 95-15=77; 3rd James Neve 91-13=78. Division Three - 1st Adam Keates 99-27=72; 2nd Robert Simpson 91-19=72; 3rd Paul Seaman 91-19=72.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club
Results: Feb Mixed Foursomes – 1st Mike Bell & Suzanne Larham 43pts; 2nd Roy Fox & Judy Green 36pts; 3rd Ken Green & Ann Davis 36pts; 4th John Cross & Ann Cross 27pts.
• Mail on Sunday: Sutton Bridge Ladies 1 Ryston Park Ladies 4 (Sutton Bridge team: Linda Searle, Jill McEwan, Jenny Wells, Jen Baines, Jeannette McEwan).
• March Medal: 1st Suzanne Larham 103-34=69; 2nd Jeannette McEwan 96-13=83; 3rd Jackie Taylor 120-36-84 (ocb); 4th Karen Gillett 109-25-84. Best scratch – Jeannette McEwan.