Home   Sport   Article

MATCH VERDICT: Seven up for Knights

Lee Beeson makes it 3-0
Lee Beeson makes it 3-0

Lee Beeson's second-half hat-trick made it even easier for Pinchbeck United.

He supplied assists for Ian Dunn and Ollie Maltby before the break at Abbey Lawn on Tuesday night.

Beeson fired a long-range drive into the bottom corner, nodded home at the far post and then converted a penalty.

Josh Smith added a double as Bourne Town suffered another heavy defeat after conceding double figures on Saturday.

Eight months ago, the Wakes went close to ending Pinchbeck's unbeaten league run until two stoppage-time goals rescued a 4-4 draw.

But this result was never in doubt with a dominant display from start to finish.

Dunn headed in Beeson's free-kick after only five minutes to put Pinchbeck in control.

Bourne captain Dan Smith's blockbuster from 30 yards flashed fractionally wide to briefly offer some hope.

However, the advantage was doubled when Maltby got a simple tap-in from Beeson's low cross.

Jason Field cleared inside the six-yard box from Tom Palmer's header and Beeson struck the bar at the end of the opening period.

Four minutes after the restart, Beeson found the target from 20 yards - allowing the Premier Division side to make more changes.

They pushed forward again, leaving space which Max Cooper and Tom Cardall couldn't quite exploit.

Ant Murphy denied Maltby and substitute Tom Sergeant but the keeper was given no chance of stopping Smith's 25-yard shot into the far corner.

Pinchbeck's fourth goal was scored by Josh Smith
Pinchbeck's fourth goal was scored by Josh Smith

Smith had a couple of chances before Fraser Bayliss' left-wing cross found Beeson at the far post to make it 5-0.

Lee Beeson's heads home number five
Lee Beeson's heads home number five

Beeson completed his treble from the spot after Dan Smith brought down Josh Smith.

6-0 and Beeson's hat-trick
6-0 and Beeson's hat-trick

There was still time for Smith to finish off a flowing move involving Chris Shipley and Maltby.

Josh Smith's second goal and it finishes 7-0
Josh Smith's second goal and it finishes 7-0

Pinchbeck's punishment proved they can be clinical.

They remain unbeaten in the Knockout Cup after being thrown out of the competition last season for fielding an ineligible player at Raunds Town.

Realistically, the Knights must feel that they could challenge for silverware as well as staying towards the top of the table.


5-4-1: Murphy 6; Currall 6, Palmer 6, D Smith 5, Elger 6 (sub Dore 74 mins), Cooper 6; Russell 6 (sub Burutsa 79 mins), Botterill 6, Rook 7, Cardall 6; Munton 5 (sub Waumsley 75 mins).


4-1-4-1: Lovelace 7; Peasgood 7, Wilson 7, Field 7 (sub Gardner 58 mins, 7), Bayliss 7; Shipley 8; Ogden 7 (sub Edwards 63 mins, 7), Maltby 7, Beeson 9, J Smith 8; Dunn 7 (sub Sergeant 68 mins, 7). Subs not used: Gordon, A Smith.


Matthew Jackson.


Dunn (5 mins, 0-1); Maltby (40 mins, 0-2); Beeson (49 mins, 0-3); J Smith (75 mins, 0-4); Beeson (82 mins, 0-5); Beeson pen (88 mins, 0-6); J Smith (90 mins, 0-7).


D Smith (foul).




Lee Beeson - two assists and three goals.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More