LOCAL FOOTBALL: Six of the best fire Holbeach to big win

Have your say

Holbeach Utd U/10s 6 Outwell Swifts U/10s 0: SWIFTS were hit for six as Holbeach recorded their biggest win of the season in appalling conditions.

Early pressure from Holbeach unsettled the home side and quick passing from Jordan Olive and Lewis Turner in midfield saw Liam Sandall open the scoring with a well-taken goal.

They soon doubled their lead with a goal from a corner by Olive, before Harry Collishaw broke free to make the score 3-0 at the half time.

The second half continued in the same style, with the Holbeach defence of Eni Bashua, Joe Ford and keeper Matthew Wilshire largely untroubled by the home side.

Neat play by man-of-the-match Kyle Marshall allowed Bashua to find space and score the fourth, with Sandall adding the fifth soon after.

Bashua notched the sixth just before the end.



HONOURS were even in this keenly-contested clash.

Wisbech took the lead in a scrappy game in poor conditions, but Spalding equalised when Fraser McNab put the ball wide for Sam Smith to cross for Reagan Brown to score from close range.

Both teams had chances to win it, but Alistair Morgan and Jake Scampion were strong in defence and keeper Ryan Plant made a great save.



TWO early goals from Sam Smith and Robbie Thurston helped Spalding ease into the semi-final of the PFA Cup.

Reagan Brown added a third before Hampton pulled one back to make it 3-1 at half time.

Thurston scored early in the second half and then Spalding played some lovely attacking football, with Charlie Dhanji and Smith using their pace down the flanks.

Alfie Davies went close in the last minute and Dhanji lifted the ball into the box for Sam Young to head home.



A DRAMATIC late Ewan McCracken strike completed a superb Tigers comeback.

Holbeach had the best of the first period, but found themselves 1-0 down at half time thanks to a breakaway goal.

They didn’t let their heads drop though and, after missing a host of chances, equalised when McCracken’s corner was put away by Billy Barnes.

With only a few minutes to go both teams battled to grab the winner – and it was the Tigers who snatched the points, McCracken turning in a Barnes cross with 30 seconds left.

Peterborough & District League



WHEN you go a goal down before most of your team touch the ball, you know you’re in for a long afternoon.

This was the reality for Whittlesey, as Darren Clarkson struck early to fire Pinchbeck to a crushing victory, writes LUKE HARRISON.

If last week’s performance was good (a 5-0 win at Whittlesey), this was better – and probably the best of Pinchbeck’s season.

Their inter-changing of positions and calculated pass and move approach was too much for the away side.

Tom Panton’s powerful effort made it 2-0 despite the keeper getting a hand to it. Credit should be given the Whittlesey keeper, who made some outstanding saves and without him this could have been double figures.

Jason Chilvers’s curling effort just after half-time made it three, following a good move down the right hand side.

Both Matt Gosling and Dan Thornalley then added their names to the score sheet, each displaying typical dogged hard work in the build up. Matt Hempsall finished off the scoring just before time with a bullet that nestled low in the corner of the goal.

Boston & District League



TYDD’S difficult run of form continued in this frustrating game against their local rivals.

A boggy pitch prevented either team from playing good quality football, but the Saints took the lead when Mark Greenacre’s free kick found its way to Brazilian Pablo da Silva, who smashed home on the half-volley.

Stephen Cousins rattled the bar moments later as Tydd bossed matters, only for Fosdyke to level with a superb chip.

Tydd kept going though and they were soon back ahead. Steven Robinson flicked on a route one goal kick that found Stu Easey, who turned two defenders and fired home.

Timmy Lowe then dragged a penalty wide of the post early in the second half as the Saints squandered a great chance to wrap up the game. That’s two misses from the spot in as many games for the usually reliable full-back.

Fosdyke stole a point two minutes later when a deflected free kick was turned home inside the six yard box.

Spalding Sunday League



A DRAW was fair in a very entertaining game.

In the early stages it was Gosberton who took control and played some good football.

They went ahead just after ten minutes with a snap shot just inside the box.

But after half time Lutton came more into it and equalised from a Steve Parker free kick.

Lutton were then awarded a penalty, but man-of-the-match Parker blasted the ball against the bar. However, Lutton went ahead when Steve Cruikshank volleyed home having previously hit the post.

At this stage Lutton were holding on and it was no surprise when Gosberton equalised following a great move down there left.