LOCAL FOOTBALL: Jubilee’s joy after a super show

Have your say

SPALDING SUNDAY LEAGUE: GOSBERTON 0 JUBILEE 5: DEPLETED Jubilee delivered a sensational showing to sink a determined Gosberton outfit.

After dominating the early proceedings of the Division Two clash, Leigh Boekestyn fired the away side ahead mid-way through the first half.

New signing Steve Coles doubled the Jubilee advantage soon after, making it 2-0 at the break.

The second half was one-way traffic, with Rick Harper and Danny Nichols excelling for Jubilee.

Simon Webb put the visitors 3-0 ahead, before a sublime finish from Nathan Nichols made it four.

A number of chances went a begging for Jubilee, before they put the seal on the victory when the hard-working Boekestyn latched onto a Paul Rudkin through ball to complete the scoring.



WALL completed an impressive double over their Division Two rivals.

They opened the scoring when Ashley Wells’ driven shot was only parried by the goalkeeper, allowed Mike Clarey to tap in from close range.

On-song Wall then doubled their lead when David Amaral hit a sensational shot from 30 yards into the top corner, leaving the keeper stranded.

It was 3-0 just before half time when Alex Finch brought Danny Roberts’ corner down on his chest and bicycle kicked into the net from close range.

Wall were a bit sloppy in the second half and were caught twice on the break, but did enough to hold on for the three points.

Outstanding for Wall was skipper Gavin Bailey, who was a rock at the back.

John Chappell Shield

COWBIT and Magnet Tavern booked places in the final in vastly differing circumstances.

Tavern romped to a 14-1 aggregate success over Fenway, winning the second leg 11-0 on Sunday.

But it was much different in the other semi-final, as Cowbit overturned a first-leg deficit to dump out Harchester United.

Trailing 3-1, a hat-trick from Cowbit’s Liam Davies and another strike from Steve Paling secured a 4-1 success, making it a 4-3 triumph on aggregate.