LOCAL FOOTBALL: Jordan leads charge for rampant Holbeach

Cracking contest: Spalding Sunday League teams Punchbowl (yellow kit) and Fenway battled out a 2-2 draw on Sunday. Photos by MIKE DAVISON
Cracking contest: Spalding Sunday League teams Punchbowl (yellow kit) and Fenway battled out a 2-2 draw on Sunday. Photos by MIKE DAVISON
Have your say

GOAL-HUNGRY Holbeach United under-13s scored an incredible 25 times at the weekend as they registered two huge wins.

They cruised past Mablethorpe U/13s 7-0 on Saturday, before hammering hapless Spilsby U/13 18-1 just 24 hours later.

Jordan Keeble was the star of the show as he notched ten times – including a devastating triple hat-trick against Spilsby.

The young Tigers, who were at home in both games, got their weekend off to a solid start against Mablethorpe.

They passed the ball well but were found wanting in front of goal at times – if they had taken all of their chances they could have doubled their tally.

Declan Earth (2), Thomas van Bragt (2), Josh Cross, Louis Steadman and Keeble were the scorers.

But it was raining goals on Sunday as Holbeach dominated the game from start to finish.

There was some good unselfish passing from the whole team, as Spilsby – who never gave up – were ruthlessly put to the sword.

Red-hot Keeble helped himself to nine, with Steadman blasting home five of his own. Earth also grabbed a hat-trick, while Daniel Penney’s solitary strike rounded off the scoring.



ATHLETIC secured their second win over Wittering this season.

The first half at the Sir Halley Stewart Playing Field yielded no goals, but the stalemate was broken shortly after the break with a fine goal from Jordan Haw.

He then added a super second to put Spalding in command, before Tom Coaten completed the rout.



YELLOW ran riot as they bagged an impressive nine-goal haul.

Holbeach took the lead when a fine move starting with Ben Nottingham and involving Alex Vassallo and George Stainfield ended with Danny Wilshire crossing for Tom Coote to head the opener.

The Yellows doubled their lead when Stainfield fired home from long range and Matt Rose soon made it 3-0 with a header.

Goals continued to flow as Stainfield made no mistake to score his second goal of the game from close range.

Stainfield then completed a memorable hat-trick by lobbing Langtoft keeper before the break.

Number six came from Craig Weightman, who hammered home a left-footed effort and Coote who calmly tucked in his second of the game soon after.

Kiran Bhondi was next to get his name on the scoresheet as he robbed a defender and slammed home.

There was still time for Weightman to round-off the scoring with goal number nine after an excellent turn and shot in the final minute.



A SUPERB second-half display of courage, commitment and teamwork secured victory for Holbeach.

Baines opened the scoring in the first half with a well-taken strike.

At the other end, Stebbings and Watts dominated the heart of defence before a Whittlesey equaliser rocked them just before half time.

Keeper Holt made two excellent saves before the match was won with a cheeky lob by Dormor, who showed calmness in scoring the second.

Watts was the man of the match in a great team performance.



PLUCKY Spalding gave the defending Division One champions a scare with two early goals.

Sam Smith broke down the right wing and cut inside to fire home. Smith again used his pace and cut it back for Robbie Thurston who played in Charlie Dhanji to score number two, but Yaxley managed to get back level by half time.

Yaxley started the second half strongly and added a third, but Dhanji made it 3-3.

However, the champions then started to turn the screw and played some lovely passing football. Ryan Plant made a couple of good saves but Yaxley got a fourth.

Spalding were then denied a well-deserved draw when Frazer McNab’s late goal was contentiously ruled offside.



MATTHEW Hemstock capped a fine debut with a late winner for Pinchbeck.

With both teams determined to climb out of the lower reaches of the table this turned into a thrilling and full-blooded encounter.

Deeping dominated much of the first half but a magnificent performance from keeper Zack Brown and his defence kept things even.

In the second half Pinchbeck fought their way into the match with Tom Hebblewhite terrorising Rangers down the left wing.

And with ten minutes to go Hebblewhite linked up with BJ Mahon, who broke free to cross for Hemstock to notch the winner.

Deeping threw everything at Pinchbeck but were unable to equalise, with Dan Liquorice clearing off the line twice.

MARCH SS A U/11s 0


RELENTLESS Holbeach made it 13 wins on the bounce as they mauled March.

The opener came from an unlikely source as Rajan Sangha glanced home a Josh Lawrence corner.

It was soon 2-0 as Lawrence combined well with Gostic before firing home.

Holbeach made it four before the break thanks to Cam Lee and another from Lawrence.

Substitute Freddie Dye looped home a long-range fifth in the second half, before Jamal Nyang tapped home his customary goal from close-range soon after.

Liam Scales came on with 15 minutes to go and wreaked havoc before eventually completing the rout late on.

With just five games left, the young Tigers have a real chance of going the entire league season unbeaten.



SPALDING maintained their grip on top spot with a hard-fought win against a strong Glinton side.

The first-half saw Spalding try to attack from the start, but they struggled on a very heavy pitch.

The second period was much-improved and Spalding got their reward when Charlie Ford neatly slotted home from the edge of the box.

Spalding goal machine Kieron McConnell then added their second and third goals to wrap up the win.

Christian Fortune, Luke Williamson and Alex Richardson were excellent in defence.

l A QUICK-FIRE hat-trick from Kyle Compton helped Athletic beat Bourne 7-0 last week.

Kieron McConnell, Alex Richardson, Joe Waumsley and an own goal completed the scoring.

Spalding Sunday League



FENWAY held the Division Two table toppers in a cracking contest.

It was even for the first 20 minutes with both keepers making some fine saves, but it was Bowl who took the advantage when a corner was headed in at the far post.

Fenway rallied on and got a good break about ten minutes later when Kingston was on hand to finish off a fine move.

Punchbowl restored their lead when a poor pass was intercepted and slotted home.

But Fenway, with a never say die attitude, once again forced an equaliser as Gordon turned his marker and expertly finished to make it 2-2.

Both sides had chances to get the winner, the best of which seeing former Fenway player Turner denied by keeper Sellars.

On Sunday both teams meet for the fourth time this season with a cup final place at stake.