JUNIOR FOOTBALL: Young Tulips deliver dominant display

Have your say

WISBECH ACORNS U18S 0 SPALDING UTD U18S 6: Spalding continued their impressive form with a dominant victory over Wisbech Acorns.

An early headed goal from the rejuvenated Pryke gave the young Tulips the lead following a great cross from Woods. A Parillon penalty then extended their lead, before a well-taken goal from Howell sent Spalding in 3-0 up at the break.

Further goals from Pryke, Parillon and Nottingham completed a well-deserved win, with Wisbech’s keeper keeping the score down.

The Tulips entertain Farcet in the PFA Cup this coming Sunday (1.30pm).



Ashley Sandell struck a late winner as Dons battled back to earn a cracking victory.

The first half saw Dons dominate play, as they created plenty of chances but were unable to find the net.

However, against the run of play, it was the visitors who went 1-0 ahead early on in the second half.

But Dons applied plenty of pressure and soon equalised when Sandall delivered a perfect cross for Owen Sill to convert the leveller brilliantly.

Then, with time running out, a great through ball from Cameron Marshall was met by Sandall, who finished coolly inside the box.

Man of the match: Deacon Hempsal



Holbeach continued their unbeaten start to the season as they slammed eight goals past Great Ponting.

With a number of players missing, this game was actually much closer than the score would suggest.

Holbeach went ahead early in the game through Louis Steadman, and were soon 2-0 up when Jordan Keeble got his first of the game.

Ponting pulled one back to get themselves into the game at 2-1, but after that it was all Holbeach in the second period.

Keeble scoring a further two to complete his hat trick, and Conner Price scoring a fine individual goal.

The second half saw Ponting come at Holbeach more, but good defensive displays by Dexter Facey, Luke Nicholson, Robbie Thurston and the ever-improving Ryan Smith meant they were restricted to long range efforts that Josh Cross in goal had little problem with.

Holbeach were too fast for them up front though – and Filip Pilarz scored the fifth before Price got his second of the game after good work on the right from Ben Gibbons. Pilarz completed the scoring late on.



After a record 52 league wins on the trot, Holbeach were finally beaten in a real thriller.

The young Tigers started the first half on the front foot pressing Greenbank back from the kick off.

Pressure continued to mount and Holbeach got three corners, eventually notching the opener from the third.

It was swung in by Brandon England – and beat everyone as it curled directly into the near post.

When new signing Callum Davis found the net with a class finish to make it five goals in three games,Holbeach looked to be cruising into the break with a two-goal lead.

But a mix-up at the back let Greenbank get one back with 30 seconds of the half remaining – and the scores were level immediately after the re-start from a penalty.

Greenbank took control of the game after that and they soon put the game to bed, bagging three more goals before Holbeach’s Josh Lawrence got a late consolation.

Boss Tommy Gostic was philosophical after after a first league loss in three years. He said: “The run had to come to an end some time and the team just had one of those days. We will bounce back stronger. The lads have played great football for years and I couldn’t have asked for more.”



Title-chasing Holbeach won this crucial top of the table clash to keep themselves in the driving seat for glory.

Holbeach applied the early pressure and an early chance saw Liam Sandall’s strike rattle the visitors’ crossbar.

The hard-working midfield of Fenn Storey and Jordan Olive released strike duo Sandall and Harry Collishaw regularly, allowing the pressure to build with a series of corners.

Leverington were limited to occasional forays into the Holbeach half, but the defence of Harry Machin, Ryan Cook and skipper Tom Tyler coped comfortably. Keeper Matthew Wilshire was also quickly off his line to clear the one dangerous break in the first half.

The young Tigers continued to have most of the possession and, after 20 minutes, were rewarded when the battling Liam Scales received the ball with his back to goal.

He rode a strong challenge and rifled the ball into the roof of the net to give Holbeach a deserved lead at half time.

The second half saw Leverington enjoy much more of the possession and Holbeach were pinned into their own half, with keeper Wilshire required to make several fine saves.

However, a quick Tigers break allowed substitute Rick Holstead too coolly double their lead.

This stunned the visitors and within minutes the tenacious Collishaw rounded off a flowing midfield move to make the score 3-0. A late Leverington consolation failed to take the gloss off a massive victory.



Seven-up Glinton took charge from the kick off by scoring their opening goal in the first minute off the game.

Young Tigers keeper Charlie King pulled off some cracking saves after that, before Glinton got their second goal.

Gallant Glinton then scored three more before the break to make it 5-0 at half time.

The second half saw Holbeach put in a good battling display, but they couldn’t hold their opponents back and they added a sixth goal.

The young Tigers refused to give up though, with keeper King making another fantastic save before sending the ball on its way to Matt Goodley.

He saw a fine shot at goal saved by the keeper, but Cameron Oko was on hand to finish off and net Holbeach’s only goal of the game.

Glinton did have the last word, grabbing their seventh goal to finish off the clash just before the full time whistle.



Two late Deeping goals settled this cracking derby and left Spalding feeling Blue.

Deeping started strongly and applied early pressure, but found keeper Josh Burton in superb form. At the other end, Sam Bayly and then Toby Noakes were also denied by stunning saves.

Blue did go ahead with two quick goals before half time, but Bayly scored with a fine strike from outside the box to give Spalding hope.

Jack Holland and Bayly were both denied as the Tulips pushed for a leveller, before being hit twice on the break late on as Deeping sealed the win.