JUNIOR FOOTBALL: Predator Dylan delivers a double for Pinchbeck

Latest football news from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian,spaldingtoday.co.uk/football, @lfpsport on Twitter
Latest football news from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian,spaldingtoday.co.uk/football, @lfpsport on Twitter
Have your say

A brace from Dylan Evans steered Pinchbeck Predators under-11s to a thrilling 4-3 victory at Leverington Sports under-11s at the weekend.

Both teams entered the match needing maximum points – and it was Pinchbeck who seized the initiative when Evans drilled a fine low shot past the keeper.

The Predators remained on top and in difficult weather and pitch conditions and doubled their lead when Thomas Langford’s long range effort was deflected into the net by a defender.

Sports pulled one back following a defensive mix-up, but soon restored their two-goal cushion when Evans coolly slotted home his second of the game and an impressive 15th goal of the season.

Pinchbeck then produced a scintillating second-half showing, with Jacob Drew soon making it 4-1. The right winger cut inside his man to fire a goal that his all-round performance merited.

Leverington did pull two goals back – and forced Callum Haynes make two very important saves towards the end, as Predators held on to go five points clear at the top.

• A last-gasp goal sentenced Young Dons under-11s to a 4-3 loss against Greenbank under-11s in a cracking contest between two of the league’s top teams.

Greenbank powered into an early 2-0 lead, but Dons hit back through George Thornley.

The visitors, however, hit back to make it 3-1 in their favour just before the break.

Dons bossed matters in the second period and hit back with goals from Lewis Chenery and then Kieran Greetham to make it 3-3.

They pushed for a leveller, but a late break-away goal gave Greenbank all three points.

• Pinchbeck Predators under-10s produced a fine performance to sink league leaders Thurlby under-10s 2-1.

They went ahead six minutes in when Fitter moved the ball up front to Wilkinson, who took on a Thurlby defender before firing an unstoppable shot into the roof of the net.

Pinchbeck then started the second half superbly and doubled their advantange soon after the interval.

A fine through ball from Wilkinson to Fitter saw the young forward hit the back of the Thurlby net for what was his first goal of the season.

From then on Thurlby piled on the pressure, but found Predators’ keeper Booth in seemingly unbeatable form.

Gibson, Reynolds and Bingham all had chances to add to Pinchbeck’s lead, but at the other end man-of-the-match Booth was eventually beaten by a last-gasp effort.

It mattered little, as Pinchbeck held on to secure a morale-boosting win.