JUNIOR FOOTBALL: Goal-machine Clark fires all nine for young Tigers

Have your say

EYE UTD U10S 1 HOLBEACH UTD U10S 9: Red-hot hitman James Clark fired an incredible nine-goal haul as the Tigers delivered an Eye-catching display.

Holbeach started superbly, with Jack Cunnington laying on two fantastic goals inside four minutes. On both occassions, the ball was dispatched into the top corner.

Eye hit back, but Clark soon completed a 15-minute hat-trick when he finished a Lewis Collishaw cross.

Callum Hoole then played in a super pass to Clark, who duly finished his fourth.

Goals continued to flow in the second half, as Louis Taylor and Charlie Parkes combined to lay on number five for that man Clark.

Not done there, red-hot Clark fashioned his double hat-trick strike himself, before tapping home his seventh when a Hoole effort was blocked.

A super move that involved keeper Jenson Patterson saw the young striker fire the eighth goal, before man-of-the-match Clark went past three players en route to netting an incredble ninth goal.

The victory keeps unbeaten Holbeach top of the table.



Jacko Withers smashed a hat-trick as Pinchbeck got 2013 off to the perfect start.

The home side quickly got into their stride and played some terrific football, particularly in the first half.

Pinchbeck finally broke Bourne after 18 minutes when a Layton Maddison free kick found Withers, who slid the ball on for Jack Brown to poke home from five yards.

Although they piled on more pressure and bossed possession, the hosts couldn’t add to their tally before the break.

That changed in the second period, as Withers blasted home an unstoppable second from 25 yards.

Ten minutes later Maddison picked up the ball on the right and curled the ball over the keeper from 20 yards.

Pinchbeck piled forward in the final five minutes and added to their tally when Withers fired his second through the hands of the keeper.

He wasn’t done there, as he completed a top treble with an 18-yard rocket into the corner.

The emphatic win helps Pinchbeck keep the pressure on Eye and Hampton at the top of Division One.



In-form Ewan McCraken inspired Holbeach as they started 2013 in fine style.

The young Tigers soon went ahead when aMikey Bailey free-kick was scrambled home by McCracken.

Moments later McCracken worked his way down the left wing and crossed for Matt Goodley to fire number two.

Stamford hit the bar as they put pressure on Holbeach before and after the interval, but a solid team effort saw them keep their clean-sheet intact.

The scoring was complete when McCracken delivered for Josh Balding to fire home his first leauge goal for the young Tigers.



The young Gunners outclassed a resilient Bourne side in an entertaining encounter.

An own goal put the South Holland side ahead, before Connor Bell notched to make it 2-0 at half time.

Bell thenlatched onto a failed clearance to add number three, before Charlie Beechams powered home the fourth after a Jamie Mills header came back off the post.

Ollie Burns and a fine individual Mills strike completed the scoring.



Two late Declan Earth strikes secured a point for Holbeach.

The first period was entertaining, but neither side could break the deadlock.

However, the young Tigers fell behind ten minutes into the second half when they were caught cold by a long ball.

With Holbeach shell-shocked, Rushton doubled their advantage five minutes later from the penalty spot.

They took their time to recover from the double-blow, but pulled a goal back ten minutes from time when Earth notched following a scramble.

Jordan Keeble then made great ground down the right and delivered a cross for Earth to bury his second – securing a draw in the process.



A pair of second-half goals sunk Spalding in their first game of 2013.

Leverington opened the scoring early on, but the young Tulips soon pulled one back with a goal from Keegan Waters.

It stayed level until half time with both sides having chances.

The second half saw Leverington score their second, which left Spalding with no choice but to go for it.

They had plenty of decent efforts on goal, with several coming back off the woodwork, before Leverington went on to score their third and seal the points.



Young Dons Blues recommenced their league campaign with a narrow loss at rivals Sleaford.

The hosts started strongly and forced a series of early corners, before eventually grabbing the opener.

Impressive Dons keeper David Lowe palmed a corner away, only for a Sleaford striker to slam home the rebound.

Hosts Sleaford continued to surge forward and it was no real surprise when the lead was doubled midway through the first half.

Dons, however, showed great determination to force their way back into the game.

George Thornley’s driving run down the left saw him beat a few players, before firing a great low drive into the net to reduce the deficit.

The second half saw continuing pressure from the hosts as Dons battled to stay in touch. Aaron Clarke in particular defended well and player of the match Lowe made more superb saves to keep his side in with a chance of getting something from the game.

Brendan Flowers and Thornley looked dangerous on the break, but despite a late strike against the post, Dons just couldn’t quite find a leveller.



Luke Scampion helped himself to a hat-trick as Dons returned from a month-long break in style.

It was Scampion who opened the scoring after a driving run culminated in him smashing home into the bottom corner.

Dons’ lead didn’t last long, as a quick Colts double put them 2-1 ahead at the interval.

With 15 minutes remaining Harvey Wirkowski fired in a low cross from the right and Jacob Drew reacted quickly to hit a great first-time shot into the net to level the scores.

Mason Shores then played a clever pass into the path of Scampion, who coolly slotted in his second of the game and put the visitors into the lead.

Dons were now firing on all cylinders – and when Scampion completed a well-deserved hat-trick with a long range effort that looped in off an unfortunate Colts defender, it seemed the game was won.

A late Colts penalty did set up a tense finale, but Dons held on for the points.