JUNIOR FOOTBALL: Duo hammer hat-tricks in Tigers romp

Have your say

HUNGATE ROVERS U12S 2 HOLBEACH UTD U12S 8: Two players fired hat-tricks as Holbeach produced a gr-eight showing at Hungate.

The hosts enjoyed some early pressure and duly broke clear to open the scoring.

Holbeach gradually gained control of the game though and levelled when Harry Collishaw crossed for Ryan Cook to bundle the ball home from close range.

Long clearances from Callum Matthews then released Collishaw to score two quick goals, before Liam Scales made it 4-1 at half-time.

Despite a great one-on-one save from substitute keeper Tom Coley early in the second period, Hungate pulled one back. But Holbeach’s dominance soon returned when Ricky Holstead set up Collishaw to complete his treble.

Sub Holstead then took the game by storm, firing a hat-trick of his own to complete the scoring.



The final score was not a true reflection of Spalding’s efforts as they lost heavily against Ryhall on Sunday.

Spalding held their opponents 0-0 up until half time, with both sides very evenly matched.

The second half started in much the the same vain, but then Ryhall scored four quick goals to secure their win.

Spalding battled hard to the end with solid performances from defenders George Jackson, Liam Slayven, Marcus Cundy, Jamie Reeves and keeper Jamie Sharpe.



Jordan Keeble struck twice as Holbeach deservedly edged a cracking derby contest.

It was Boston who took the lead with 15 minutes gone when a decent shot beat Groves in the Holbeach goal.

It looked like the young Tigers would go in behind at half time, but Keeble levelled when he picked out the bottom corner direct from a free kick.

Both Ben Gibbons and Dexter Facey looked threatening down either wing as Holbeach created chances in the second half, while at the other end another great display from Robbie Thurston and Ryan Smith kept Boston out.

With about 15 minutes left Holbeach scored what proved to be the winner, Keeble grabbing his second after a goalmouth scramble.



An early goal blitz left Holbeach reeling at West Winch.

The home side went 3-0 up in the first ten minutes, leaving the young Tigers with a mountain to climb.

Holbeach kept on battling and had numerous shots at goal either saved or go wide of goal. To make matters worse, the hosts added two more to go in 5-0 up at the break.

In the second half the Tigers enjoyed much more control with Ethan Lawrence , Josh Balding and Brad Whitmore all having attempts saved.

Although West Winch broke away to get their sixth , the young Tigers remained upbeat and grabbed a consolation when Cameron Oko’s cross was deflected in by a defender.



Dons secured a ninth consecutive win with an impressive victory against Skegness based high-flyers East Coast.

Both sides are competing at the top of the Mid Lincs A League and are also featuring in separate semi-finals of the Bryan Smith Cup next month – so Sunday’s league match was always destined to be a hard-fought affair.

The hosts got the perfect start when Luke Hood won possession of the ball in his own half and threaded a ball through for Mason Shores and Tyler McKendrick to contest in the East Coast penalty area. Both Dons players had chances to shoot, before McKendrick got hold of a loose ball and fired it past the keeper to make it 1-0.

East Coast, who were unbeaten before the clash, forced an equaliser when Dons failed to clear.

Undeterred, Harvey Wirkowski pushed the ball into the path of Michael Baxter, who ran at the defenders and battled through the tackles to fire the Dons back into a 2-1 lead at half time.

East Coast were never going to roll over and they started strongly in the second half as Dons defended their lead with a stubborn rearguard display.

Charlie Rodgers was forced to make a splendid double save, parrying away an effort following a corner before throw himself in front of the follow up shot after which the ball was kicked away from danger.

Dons continued to attack though – and they sealed the win when McKendrick was up-ended in the box. A penalty was awarded, which he duly dispatched to take Dons into a fantastic 3-1 lead.



Spalding moved two points clear at the top of the table after a convincing away win at local rivals Bourne Town.

On a pitch that was difficult to play any sort of flowing football that the Tulips thrive on, Spalding opened the scoring with a well-taken Nottingham goal after good work from Giardelli. A fine individual goal from Howell extended the lead, before Martin made it 3-0 just before the break.

The second half was all one-way traffic and another two goals from Giardelli and Parillon sealed another fine win for Spalding.