JUNIOR FOOTBALL: Champions Pinchbeck keep treble bid alive

Latest football news from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian,spaldingtoday.co.uk/football, @lfpsport on Twitter
Latest football news from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian,spaldingtoday.co.uk/football, @lfpsport on Twitter
Have your say

Red-hot Pinchbeck United under-14s enjoyed a day to remember on two fronts as their treble dream came a little closer to being a reality.

Before a ball was kicked in their emphatic 6-1 Lincs Cup semi-final success over HBW under-14s, Pinchbeck were crowned as Division One champions after their nearest rivals Phoenix failed to win.

Joshua Lawrence finished off a Harry Decamps through-ball to make it 1-0 on 24 minutes, before the same player smashed a stunning 25-yard effort into the net to double the United lead.

It was 3-0 early in the second half when Jacko Withers unleashed a piledriver, then Layton Maddison crossed for top scorer Tapi Shahwe to head home number four.

Not done there, Lawrence completed his hat-trick when slotting in Maddison’s pass.

Although HBW pulled one back, Maddison completed the scoring with a well-executed finish to send his side into the final in style.

• Holbeach United under-16s ran riot with an 11-1 victory at Wisbech St Mary under-16s.

It took just 40 seconds for the young Tigers to begin their onslaught, with Jordan Keeble on hand to finish off the first of a four-goal haul.

Ben Gibbons then scored two goals in three minutes, before Dexter Facey supplied an inch-perfect ball for Keeble to notch his second.

An own goal then made it 5-0 at the break, then Brandon Matthews scored twice within ten minutes of coming on in the second period.

The Saints scored a consolation goal soon after, but Holbeach refused to relent as Keeble completed his hat-trick from another Facey assist. Adam Groves then made it 9-1, before Keeble scored a great volley to get his fourth.

Jordan Nyang completed the scoring from the penalty spot for his first of the season.

After the game, Jordan Keeble and the management dedicated this victory to Andrew Nicholson, who sadly passed away last Friday.

All connected with Holbeach send their condolences to Andrew’s family during this difficult time.

• Two stunning strikes from man-of-the match Willis Wright were not enough to stop Holbeach United under-11s bowing out of the PFA Cup at the quarter final stage 5-2 against Arsenal SS Yellow under-11s.

As per previous weeks, the Tigers started well and put pressure on the Arsenal goal – but the visitors broke away to score twice.

Holbeach then came back fighting and a super ball from Tyler Mckendrick played in Wright, who fired a stunning left-footed strike into the bottom corner for 2-1 at half-time.

However, Arsenal put the game beyond the young Tigers in the second half as they notched three times from as many attacks to make it 5-1.

There was still time for Wright to stun the crowd with a cracking 25-yard shot from the left that flew into the top corner.

• Unbeaten Deeping Rangers under-13s handed Holbeach United under-13s a 7-0 reverse.

The young Tigers were very much in the game for the first 15 minutes, but three quick goals put the hosts 3-0 up at the break.

Holbeach showed a lot of courage and determination in the second period, although four more goals saw them well beaten. The team can still hold their heads high, having challenged the league’s top side well in the first half.