JUNIOR FOOTBALL: Back-to-back titles for Tigers

Have your say

HUNGATE ROVERS U12S 0 HOLBEACH UNITED U12S 10: Holbeach secured the Division Three title with a comfortable devastating win to add to their Division Four crown from last season.

The young Tigers were soon ahead when Harry Collishaw pounced on a poor clearance – and he then turned provider as Liam Sandall scored a quick brace to allow Holbeach to take full control of the game.

Hungate created few chances and the defence of Tom Tyler, Fenn Storey and Harry Machin dealt with most attacks, but substitute keeper Tom Coley was alert to save from a free kick.

The midfield of Scales and Lewis Turner were then able to release Ryan Cook for his first of the match and, soon after, he prodded home when Hungate failed to clear a corner to give Holbeach a 5-0 lead.

Holbeach continued to press at the start of the second half and Harry Machin headed in from a corner to further extend the lead, soon followed by a cross from Turner that Jordan Olive prodded home.

Scales, who bossed the midfield, was able to add two more to his tally before Turner rounded off the scoring with a fine individual goal.

Holbeach can now look forward to the cup final with the title firmly under their belts.



A slow start cost the young Tulips dear as they were edged out in a seven-goal thriller on Saturday.

It was soon 2-0 to hosts Glinton, but a great goal from Keegan Waters brought Spalding back into the game.

However, Glinton went on to score two more before half time to give themselves a 4-1 advantage.

The second half was better from the Tulips, with two cracking goals from Jake Hollis to bring it back to 4-3.

The last five minutes then saw Spalding desperately try to snatch the draw, but despite their efforts they did could not get the goal they needed.



It was a different story for Spalding’s young guns at Deeping 24 hours later on Sunday.

The young Tulips learned from Saturday’s mistakes and started the derby well.

They were awarded a penalty early on in the match, which Liam Slayven duly dispatched. They then went on to score a second when, after some great passing, Sandijs Jonans slotted the ball past the keeper.

In the second half Spalding kept up the good work and never let Deeping in the game.

Brandon Hall scored the third goal to seal the victory and take the points.



Pinchbeck set up a title-shoot out with Eye and Hampton in their final two games after thrashing Deeping.

Layton Maddison fired a sweet 18-yard opener in off the post to get the ball rolling, before Jack Brown tapped home number two. Brown then turned provider for Joe Mckue to make it 3-0, before slotting home his second.

That man Brown soon had his hat-trick when he was first to react to slot home from the edge of the box. Jacko Withers was next to get on the scoresheet with a header from Maddison’s corner, leaving Tom Hebblewhite to complete the scoring.