FOOTBALL ROUND-UP: Clitheroe hat-trick as Sutton beat league leaders

Have your say

Long Sutton Ath 5 Hampton Sport 3: Sutton went third in Division One by ending Hampton’s 100 per cent start.

Jake Clitheroe scored twice in the first 15 minutes but Hampton pulled it back to 2-1 with their first chance.

Jim Ward scored from a corner for 3-1 but again Hampton reduced arrears.

Clitheroe completed his hat-trick from a penalty making it 4-2 but Hampton hit back a third time to set up a nervy last 15 minutes.

Skipper Radeloff scored a fifth in a very good performance by Sutton.

Moulton Harrox 1 Deeping Res 0: Moulton made it six straight wins against a good footballing side.

John Ball’s looping shot deceived everybody and ended in the Deeping net on 20 minutes.

They could have been 4-0 up by then but were denied by the visiting keeper who had an outstanding game.

The home side were struggling with injuries and player availability and this was not helped when Ball and Ian Bradbury both limped off before half time.

Moulton struggled to keep the ball in the second half but defended very well and just about deserved the points in a very close game.

Maccasports 5 Moulton Res 2: Moulton produced their worst performance of the season so far.

Consolation goals by Paul Newcombe and one from a free kick by keeper Dave Panton were the only bright points in a very below-par performance.

Parkside 2 Long Sutton Ath 2: Sutton dominated possession in the first half, the only thing missing was a goal.

The opener came on around the 55th minute after a mix-up in the Parkside defence.

Then ten minutes of madness saw Sutton trailing 2-1.

And to make thing worse, captain Johnathan Hubbard was given a straight red card.

But as the seconds were running out, Sutton received a lifeline with a last-minute penalty.

Player/manager Will Kirkham sent the keeper the wrong way with the spot kick to earn a hard fought but deserved point.

Tydd St Mary 1 Sutton Bridge Utd Res 1: After years in the Boston League, this was an eagerly anticipated match for The Saints as a new challenge in Peterborough and District League beckoned with a local derby against Sutton Bridge Reserves.

Tydd player/manager Mark Greenacre went very close to opening the scoring, only to see his powerful header from a Cousins corner tipped wide by the impressive David Cooper in goal for Sutton Bridge.

On 50 minutes, Tydd striker Terence Wilkin was pulled down in the box and Cousins put them 1-0 up from the spot.

Bridge soon equalised though a glancing header from Kurt Scott.

ICA Res 5 Pinchbeck Utd Res 5: Pinchbeck squandered a 5-0 lead in the final 35 minutes of their season opener.

Cartlidge opened the scoring after 12 minutes and West doubled the lead with a flick header from Hempsall’s pinpoint free kick.

Josh Wilson’s left foot strike from the edge of the box made it 3-0 and Cartlidge charged down a keeper’s clearance to grab his second.

But with only one Pinchbeck sub and injuries mounting this game was to have a twist even after Cartlidge’s hat-trick was completed with a wonder goal.

ICA never gave up and rattled in five goals as the young Pinchbeck side started to shake.

Barrowby U/13s 1 Holbeach Utd U/13s 6: Holbeach got off to the perfect start after promotion to the Mid Lincs A league.

They went ahead on ten minutes with a wicked left foot shot by Brandon England from a brilliant Josh Lawrence cross.

Stefan Gostic got the second from the penalty spot and two goals from Jamal Nyang made it 4-0 at the break.

Barrowby got one back early in the second half, but Lawrence restored the margin.

Callum McKeown finished off a very good run and Lawrence’s second completed a good start in a higher level.