Battling Nene Valley Harriers finished as impressive runners-up in in the Eastern Young Athletes League play-off final.
The thrilling Stevenage final, won by Bedford and County by just 16 points, featured the top six teams in the league.
Harriers did finish up as the top club in two of the six age groups, winning the under-17 boys and the under-13 boys.
The stellar show left team manager Russ Prosser delighted with his young team.
He said: “A great season and a great final, well done to all.
“As team manager I am very proud of the efforts of all those who competed and those who helped get the club to the final.
“We did far better than expected and this has been a fantastic first season.”
Kai Harrison enjoyed a hat-trick of wins for the jubilant under-13 boys’ squad – and there were doubles for Nathan Pickering and Charles Hughes too.
Isaac Huskisson lead the under-17 boys to victory with a treble in the throws, while on the track Kane Wright completed an A string sprint double.
• Match result: 1st Bedford & County 548pts; 2nd Nene Valley Harriers 532pts; 3rd Stevenage & NH 527pts; 4th Havering Mayesbrook 504.5pts; 5th Basildon 446pts; 6th Ipswich 421.5pts.
• Nene Valley winners: Under 13 Girls: 100m A –Jasmine Allen (14.02secs); 200m A – Jasmine Allen (28.06secs); 70m hurdles A – Olivia Thompson (12.47secs); Long Jump A – Jasmine Allen (4.64m).
• Under 15 Girls: High Jump B – Bethany Denial (1.45m); Shot A – Chloe Prentice (9.40m); Shot B – Lydia Church (7.87m); Javelin B – Nikkita Robinson (18.63m).
• Under 17 Girls: 200m A – Lily Hughes (26.08secs); 800m B – Elisha Reid (2.38.36mins); Long Jump A – Emma Hornsby (5.02m); Long Jump B – Ellie Mae Stokes (4.50m).
• Under 13 Boys: 100m A – William Hughes (13.08secs); 100m B – Nathan Pickering (13.30secs); 200m B – Nathan Pickering (28.26secs); 800m A – Harry Burchnell (2.29.84mins); 800m B – Charlie Bamford (2.43.67mins); Shot B – Kai Harrison (8.20m); Discus A – Charles Hughes (25.70m); Discus B – Kai Harrison (22.58m); Javelin A – Charles Hughes (31.39m); Javelin B – Kai Harrison (28.01m).
• Under 15 Boys: 1500m B – Mark Rayment (4.36.80mins).
• Under 17 Boys: 100m A – Kane Wright (11.32secs); 100m B – Kaine Walker (11.56secs); 200m A – Kane Wright (22.61secs); 200m B – Oliver Dilloway (23.68secs); 800m A – Bradley Spurdens (2.03.43mins); 800m B – Michael Cawood (2.14.65mins); 1500m A – Alex Hampson (4.19.88mins); Shot A – Calum Slater (11.92m); Shot B – Isaac Huskisson (11.02m); Discus A – Isaac Huskisson (36.83m); Discus B – Matt Rodrigues (33.33m); Hammer A – Isaac Huskisson (50.47m).