We invite candidates for the Spalding wards in the District Council elections to let readers know their views on the following:
• Spalding has 44 per cent less public green leisure space than it ought to have for a town of its size. If elected to the council, what steps would you take to protect the space we already have and to make up the shortfall?
Spalding has 44 per cent less public green leisure space than it ought to have for a town of its size
• What should the new council do about the various long-derelict sites in the town - such as the Bull and Monkie, whose planning permission will run out later this year? What would you like to see this site used for?
• What in your view would most improve the appearance of the town centre? Short term? Long term?
• Where in the town would you like to see trees planted to improve the street scene or hide an eyesore?
• Spalding has no town council. What do you feel should be done to put us on the same footing as Sleaford or Stamford, which do have town councils to look after their particular concerns?
Voters might also like to put some of these questions directly to candidates canvassing on the doorstep.