Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Holbeach woman sentenced for unprovoked attack in Skegness car park

More news, no ads


A woman has been sentenced after CCTV images showed her knocking another woman to the ground and kicking her, in a totally unprovoked attack in a car park.

Donna Maria Pleasance, 38, of St Matthews Drive, Holbeach, but who was living in Weston, at the time, admitted affray when she appeared at Boston Magistrates Court earlier today (Tuesday).

Prosecuting, Dale Brownless said the victim had made no complaint against Pleasance but CCTV images showed clearly that Pleasance was seen assaulting the woman on the car park in Skegness at 2.30am on July 20 last year.

Boston Magistrates' Court (45066002)
Boston Magistrates' Court (45066002)

He said police attended and Pleasance was originally arrested for assault but this was changed to affray because the victim had not wanted to give a statement but there were other people present who would have been disturbed by what occurred.

Mr Brownless said Pleasance could be seen punching the victim in the face and then kicking her when she was lying motionless on the ground.

The court heard that Pleasance had told police that she had reacted to the victim poking her in the

eye, but there was no evidence of that in the cctv film.

Mr Brownless also told the bench that Pleasance also said she had not kicked the victim but there was a clear view of her doing so.

The bench heard that Pleasance had 11 previous convictions for violence, with the latest being in 2020. Mr Brownless told the magistrates that this incident had been a period of sustained violence involving a weapon, her 'shod foot'.

Mitigating, Michael Alexander said the two ladies had been friends until Pleasance, who was homeless and on drugs, discovered her then partner had slept with the victim.

He said the incident was a 'reaction of violence' but since then she now had accommodation and had stopped taking drugs and was getting help for her mental health issues.

After viewing the cctv film, the magistrates told Pleasance that her actions had been 'so serious that it passed the custody threshold, and imposed a six month prison sentence suspended for a year.

She was also ordered to pay £128 in court charges.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More