What to do if you’re ill over holiday

Have your say

IF you fall ill over Christmas and New Year do you know where to go for treatment?

There are times when people are unsure what to do or where to go for help, particularly when they have unexpected or urgent healthcare needs.

People in South Holland can call NHS 111 to be assessed and directed to the most appropriate health service.

The minor injuries unit at Spalding’s Johnson Community Hospital will remain open every day.

Dental practices that offer urgent dental treatment will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day so people with an urgent dental need can contact NHS Direct on 0845 6031404.

Dr Martin McShane, of NHS Lincolnshire said: “The 111 number is free to call from mobiles and landlines any time of the day. ”