Home   News   Article

WEEKEND WEB: Triple trauma for young Jessica in 1999




We look back at the Free Press this week in 1999...

Firefighters were called when four-year-old Jessica Forbes got her fingers stuck in a wardrobe.

Jessica, of Laxton Road, Pinchbeck, had been struggling to reach a felt tip pen cap when she got trapped.

A few weeks previous, young Jessica had trapped her finger between the blackboard and shelf of her wardrobe.

And that was after she had suffered a nasty bout of chicken pox. And they say things come in threes!

Arty pupils see work exhibited in 1999

Children from Shepeau Stow Primary School had a chance to show off their artwork.

Pupils from years 5 and 6 dispalyed prints in an exhibition entited Bugs and Other Creatures at the Woodbine Gallery in Whaplode Drove.

Headteacher David O’Brien said at the time: “There will be an exhibition of prints by Picasso at the gallery soon, so we thought it would be a good idea for the children to make prints of their own.”



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More