UPDATE SATURDAY 7PM: Burning incense leads to house fire in Spalding

Lincs Fire & Rescue News.
Lincs Fire & Rescue News.
Have your say

People are being warned about the dangers of leaving candles and incense unattended after a house fire in Spalding this afternoon.

It happened in Severn Road where a fire broke out at about 3.40pm, leaving damage to an incense holder, coaster and table.

A ventilating fan was used to remove fumes from the living room which suffered some light smoke damage

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Breathing apparatus was used by crews as a precaution and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to ventilate the house.

“The cause of the fire was incense left unattended on a flammable service and we would advise householders never to leave burning incense or candles unattended.”

SATURDAY NOON: Hedge and fence fire in Whaplode

Firefighters have been called out to a hedge and fence fire in Whaplode on Friday night

A conifer hedge and fencing were alight in Stockwell Gate, of the A151 High Road, just after 8pm.

One fire crew from Holbeach used a water hose reel to put out the blaze which started when hot ashes were thrown away near the hedge.

Earlier this week, firefighters from Spalding were called to a JCB that was ablaze in West Marsh Road on Wednesday.

The crew wore breathing apparatus while using a water hose reel to put out the fire which broke out after an electrical short circuit in the engine compartment of the machine.