Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Spalding-area men face prison after violent town confrontation

More news, no ads


Two men, who were strangers to each other, are facing prison after they engaged in a violent confrontation in Spalding, a court has heard.

Appearing separately before District Judge Peter Veits sitting at Boston Magistrates Court, were Lee Seymour, 51, of Mansell Close and Tim Herd, 45, whose address was not listed, who both admitted affray in the late evening incident on November 9.

Prosecuting, Lou Johnson said Herd had been thrown out of the Punchbowl on New Road at around 9.50pm because he was drunk and had sat down in a doorway outside the Hot 'n Spicy takeaway.

Hot and Spicy in New Road, Spalding (54668490)
Hot and Spicy in New Road, Spalding (54668490)

She said Seymour then pulled up in his black Range Rover to pick up his daughter and parked in front of him. She said Herd went up to him and started arguing with him about where he had parked.

Ms Johnson said Seymour's daughter had been unable to get into the car because Herd was standing in the way and there was a lot of swearing and arguing between the two men.

She said Seymour was heard to swear at Herd and say that he had threatened him with a knife, which he had in his pocket, and a fight developed between them outside the takeaway.

She said a knife was certainly in Herd's possession and was removed by someone and taken into the takeaway restaurant.

She said that after the initial fight, Herd was sitting on the pavement when Seymour, who had moved away, came across and first punched and then kicked Herd on the head in an unprovoked attack, rendering him unconscious, all of which had been recorded on cctv.

Mitigating for Herd, Iona Hannahan said the knife, which Herd claimed he had taken out with him to eat a pizza after an evening's drinking, and had certainly not been used in any sort of attack, had been removed from his pocket by someone.

She said Herd also claimed Seymour had 'been aggressive' from the outset.

Judge Veits warned both men they were facing custodial sentences and both were sent for sentence at Lincoln Crown Court on a date to be arranged and were allowed unconditional bail.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More