Mobile trailer alight on A16 near Surfleet

Have your say

A fire on the A16 near Surfleet involving a mobile trailer unit was caused by a wheel collapsing and setting the trailer’s wooden floor alight, it has been confirmed today.

Damage was caused to the trailer, which included a toilet, rest room and generator, by the fire which broke out shortly before 10.30am on Sunday.

One crew from Spalding used a hose reel to put out the fire which started when the collapsed wheel gave off sparks that ignited the wooden flooring inside the trailer.