Home   News   Article

Will your Spalding home be demolished to make way for western relief road?

A public meeting has been called for Wednesday evening as a result of residents discovering their homes could be demolished to make way for Spalding Western Relief Road.

County and district councillor Angela Newton believes properties in Bourne Road, South Drove, Horseshoe Road and Pinchbeck Road could be lost or affected.

The councillor is urging anyone who may be affected by the £100million-plus project to attend her meeting on Wednesday at Bromley Hall, in Bourne Road, Pode Hole, from 5.30pm-7.30pm.

Coun Angela Newton has called a public meeting.
Coun Angela Newton has called a public meeting.

Lincolnshire County Council (LCC) held a series of drop-in sessions last week, three at The Woodlands Hotel, in Pinchbeck Road, Spalding, and one at Pinchbeck's Community Hub and Library, giving residents an opportunity to comment.

Coun Newton attended one session and says she was met there by a Bourne Road resident who said "that one route would take out their house and nine other properties".

She said: "I met several unhappy people who were told their homes could be demolished because of the proposals."

Coun Newton understands there are a lot of people who didn't know about the meetings, and wonders why residents living in the so-called "protected corridor" weren't informed personally.

* We reported news of the drop-in sessions in January, and included information so people unable to attend could still comment. Click here to go to the county council website to comment before the March 8 deadline.

The western relief road is being designed to link Spalding Common in the south to Spalding Road/Pinchbeck Road in the north.


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More