BOYS and girls going to grammar school in the district might have been going to Moulton rather than Spalding if things had turned out differently.
Up until 1939, when it closed, Moulton Grammar School was a bigger establishment than the one at Spalding, and there are still a handful of old boys around who can remember their school days there.
Each year they get together for lunch but as this was the 450th anniversary of the foundation of the school the occasion was marked by MP John Hayes putting up a plaque on his house, which is on the site of the old school.
There were 55 people at the lunch, including six or seven old boys, the headmaster of Spalding Grammar School Nigel Ryan, head of the newly established Moulton House at the grammar school Chris Crane, trustees of Moulton Harrox Trust, including Mr Hayes, and members of the John Harrox Foundation.
Speeches were made by various people, including old boy Ken Smith, who co-ordinates the lunch each year along with Gwen Biggadike, chairman of the Moulton Harrox Sports & Social Society.