Market Deeping weekend crime wave: incidents range from men in car following teenage girl to youths defecating on a pub bathroom floor
Police are investigating a series of criminal incidents in Market Deeping, ranging from a car full of men harassing a teenage girl to four youths defecating on a pub bathroom floor.
Police say they have made three arrests between Friday and today (Monday).
Some of the incidents are:
* Incident 555 of July 6 – Police had a second hand report of a teenage girl being followed by a car full of men believed to be in their late 20s who were harassing her and asking if she would kiss them.
Police are asking the victim - or anyone with information - to speak to them on 101. The incident is said to have happened at around 8.30pm on Godsey Lane.
* Incident 238 of July 5 - Police were told four youths entered the Bull pub and defecated on the bathroom floor. This was at about 2.20pm.
* Incident 317 of July 5 - Police were told a schoolboy had been chased along Godsey Lane by a group of youths. This happened at around 4.15pm.
* Incident 231 of July 5 - Four youths and a man entered The Original Factory Shop and made off with shoes and a other items. This happened at around 2.10pm.
* Incident 228 of July 5 - Four youths reportedly entered the Co-op store and grabbed a member of staff by the arm before taking items and leaving the store without paying. This happened at around 2.10pm.
* Incident 334 of July 5 - Police received a report at around 4.45pm that a man in a white van filled his vehicle with fuel and left false details for himself. He made off without paying.
* Incident 263 of July 6 - Police were told four youths had taken a phone from staff member at a local school.
Police Inspector Ian Martin said: "There have been a number of incidents reported to us in the Market Deeping area.
"We continue to investigate these reports. We would encourage anyone who has any information in relation to these incidents or anyone who may have been a victim or witnessed these incidents to call us on 101."