Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Spalding man accidentally hit former partner while assaulting her new lover

More news, no ads


A Spalding man facing assault charges against his former partner and her new boyfriend said he 'saw red' when he saw a picture of the new couple just a day after he and his ex had discussed getting back together.

Blake Dean (20), of Green Lane, admitted assaulting his former girlfriend and her new partner, plus sending menacing and threatening messages to him, when he appeared at Boston Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

Prosecuting, Marie Stace said the new boyfriend had been staying at the female victim's home on the night of June 4/5 when Dean burst into the house through the back door.

Boston Magistrates' Court (51293475)
Boston Magistrates' Court (51293475)

She said he shouted: “I'm going to smash his head in," and punched the male victim several times. In the process, he also hit his ex-girlfriend.

She said he also sent offensive and threatening text messages to the boyfriend, calling him a 'bitch boy' and also left a threatening voice mail message.

She said Dean was arrested and told police he had only split up from the woman two days before and he'd been affected mentally. He had lost his temper when he saw a picture of them cuddling up together, so he went to her home and found them together on the sofa.

He told police he had not intended to hurt her but she had got between them when he was trying to hit the boyfriend.

Ms Stace added that Dean had no previous convictions and that his ex-girlfriend had taken out a non-molestation order against him.

Mitigating, Matthew Tye said Dean and the woman had been in a relationship and that Dean had been hoping for a reconciliation, describing her as 'the love of his life'.

He said the pair had been talking about getting back together just the day before but when Dean woke up the following morning and saw a picture of the two cuddling up together, 'he saw red', went round to her house and found them on the sofa.

Mr Tye said Dean didn't intend her any harm and had hit her by mistake when she got between them.

He said everything had happened in that one day and that there had been no contact since then.

The magistrates said they needed more information about him and adjourned for sentence on November 24 and asked the probation service to compile a pre-sentence report.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More