Home   News   Article

County Council looking for better ways to communicate over planning matters

Lincolnshire County Council has launched a consultation to find out how to better communicate with residents on planning matters.

The council has responsibility for preparing policy documents and determining planning applications relating to mineral working and waste management - for example applications for quarrying or waste transfer stations, as well as applications for its own developments, such as new road schemes and improvements to schools.

The council is asking residents for feedback on how best to communicate on these matters.

County Council news (6728675)
County Council news (6728675)

Coun Eddy Poll, executive member for commercial and environmental management, said: "We need to make sure that we get the right information to the public at the right time, through the right channels. It is so important for us as local councillors to get as much feedback as possible, so we can make an informed decision right for residents.

"In the past, the council has communicated using traditional methods – so via newspaper advertising, site notices and letters. However, times are changing and we need to widen our approach by using new methods such as social media.

"We've put some initial thoughts in a 'Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)', which is available on our website, and includes new ways of working, such as communicating via Facebook. We would very much welcome feedback and suggestions on better ways of communicating."

The consultation runs until 5pm on Monday, March 4.

For more information, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/mineralsandwaste


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More