Home   News   Article

LEGAL EASE: My deceased loved one’s estate does not provide for me– what should I do?

Not everyone is happy with the Wills made by their loved ones or the effect of any intestacy (dying without making a Will).

The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 (I(PFD)A 1975) allows certain individuals to make a claim for reasonable financial provision from the Estate of the deceased, even if the Will does not provide for them. However, certain criteria are required for a claim, including the deceased must have lived in England or Wales at the date of death.

Who can make a claim under the Act?

More by this author

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More