Former Moulton Chapel man drove while disqualified
A man found driving while banned was not present at court on the day he was disqualified because he had moved and did not get the notification.
But Andrew Michael Bullivant was aware of proceedings being taken against him when he changed his address, a court has been told.
Bullivant (29), formerly of Cekhira Avenue, Moulton Chapel, but who was now said to be sofa surfing, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance when he appeared at Boston Magistrates' Court.
The court heard he was stopped by police in his Nissan Micra on August 23 because records showed he had no test certificate or a driving licence, but enquiries revealed he was also a disqualified driver, although he told them he was not aware of it.
The magistrates heard he was not present at court when he was banned for six months under the totting up procedure in July 2019, but he had been aware proceedings were being taken against him.
Helen Coney, mitigating, said the fact he was no longer living in his previous recorded address as he had split up from his partner, meant that he did not receive the actual notice of disqualification.
The court also heard that Bullivant did have insurance for the car but this had been made invalid because he was disqualified.
He was banned from driving for an additional three months until April 2020 and ordered to pay a fine of £120 and £117 in costs and charges.