House fire caused by pipe

editorial image
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital after breathing in smoke during a blaze at a house in Sutton Bridge.

Emergency services were called to Chestnut Terrace just after 2.15pm on Thursday where the blaze severely damaged an armchair and part of a carpet, Firefighters from Holbeach, Long Sutton and Norfolk dealt with the blaze which left smoke damage to the living room and other parts of the house.

The man, whose age is unknown, was taken by ambulance to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn, suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “The fire was caused by a pipe.”

Meanwhile, a fire crew was called to reports of an electrical pole on fire in Barrier Bank, Cowbit, on Sunday.

Firefighters from Spalding were called shortly after 1.30pm where the fire was already out, but leaving part of the pole damaged.