If you’re planning to make pancakes for Shrove Tuesday, don’t get caught out by hot oil and equipment this year.
Debbie Robinson, deputy community safety manager for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said: “When you’re distracted by delicious, warm pancakes, fire safety may not be at the forefront of your mind. “However, fat and chip pan fires can be devastating, with a very high proportion of fires resulting in injuries. Most fires start in the kitchen, and at this time of year, a common scenario can be families tucking into pancakes, forgetting that they have left their frying pan on the hob, burning away.” Last year, Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue responded to 148 incidents caused by it. For fire safety advice visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/lfr or to book a free Home Fire Safety Check call 01522 582222 or email HFSC@lincoln.fire-uk.org