Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Holbeach motorist did not know he was banned




A Holbeach man who appeared in court for driving while disqualified told magistrates he had not been aware he had been banned from driving at the time of the offence.

Adrian Barwick (54), of Greenfields, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance or a test certificate when he appeared at Boston Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

Prosecuting, Lee Shepherd said Barwick was stopped in his Audi car at 1pm on December 21 last year on Fen Road, Holbeach when the car was flagged up as not being insured.

Boston Magistrates'Court (46891226)
Boston Magistrates'Court (46891226)

He said that when officers spoke to him they established he had in fact been banned from driving for six months under the totting up procedure last September, although he said it appeared from the sentence that Barwick was probably not present in court.

Mitigating, Michael Alexander said Barwick had been evicted and had changed address and admitted he had failed to tell the DVLA his new address.

However, he said he believed having no insurance or test certificate was more serious as he deliberately did not get those as he couldn't afford it.

Barwick was fined a total of £280 and ordered to pay £119 in court costs and charges.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More