Keep supporting our Do It For the Dogs Appeal
We’re appealing for your help in fundraising to build new kennels for Jerry Green’s South Lincolnshire rescue centre.
We are running the Do It For the Dogs Appeal and our aim is to raise £4,000 to help build the first kennel for the block which is being totally refurbished.
In total, the project will cost £200,000 to create the best environment possible for the lovable pooches at the centre.
Each week we’ve been meeting a dog that has been rehomed with the help of the centre.
This week we meet Chico, who was adopted by Mr and Mrs Cross.
They welcomed Chico into their home in September and said that over the last eight months he has settled in brilliantly with them.
Of course, they absolutely adore him and even their cat Sammy has learnt to love him too.
Jerry Green volunteers say that the family popped in to the Algarkirk centre recently to show them how well Chico was doing and to say goodbye as they are all off to live in Spain.
All at the centre wish them the best of luck on their new adventures together abroad.
The couple said: “Taking on a rescue dog is a friend for life”.
I am getting ready to take on my own challenge next month to help raise funds for the appeal.
I’ll be walking up Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales which rises 1,085 metres (3,560 ft) above sea level.
○ To help me on my challenge, you can sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/zoe-myall
There are a number of ways you can help support our Do It For the Dogs Appeal:
• ONLINE via JustGiving – at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/do-it-for-the-dogs
• By TEXT – simply text DOGX88£5 to 70070 to donate £5. (Or DOGX88£2 for £2; DOGX88£10 to give £10 etc).
• By CASH or CHEQUE at the Spalding Guardian and Lincolnshire Free Press, Priory House, The Crescent, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 1AB. Please make cheques payable to ‘Jerry Green Dog Rescue’.
• Via PAYPAL to (email@example.com)
Every penny helps and will push us towards our £4,000 target for Jerry Green.