The centenary of Crowland Methodist Church was commemorated with a celebration service on Sunday.
The service was taken by the Rev Brenda Wood, former circuit superintendent minister for the Peterborough Circuit and serving minister for Crowland Methodist Church until she retired in 1999.
There has been a Methodist church on the site for some considerable time, but the present chapel was dedicated on February 15, 1915.
The service was based on a bible reading from Matthew, The Parables of the Hidden Treasures and the Pearl. Some of the congregation took part in a modern drama of the reading and each member of the congregation received a pearl to remind them of God’s gift, his son Jesus Christ.
Mrs Wood was supported by Chris Pursehouse, local preacher from The Deepings.