THREE men have gone on trial accused of a four-month rampage of burglaries, including some in Spalding.
They are alleged to have been involved in a string of 82 burglaries in which items including jewellery, cash and laptops were stolen from homes in Spalding, South Kyme and Boston among others.
Oskar Beitans (25), of Kinderly Road, Wisbech and Jurijs Kazacoks (23), and Janis Kocans (26), both of Princes Road, Wisbech, have pleaded not guilty to conspiracy with others to burgle homes between June 1 and September 22 last year.
A jury at Norwich Crown Court was told the raiders targeted unoccupied properties, often detached bungalows owned by retired people.
The raids took place at night, curtains were drawn, and searches carried out, said prosecutor Maryam Syed.
In all but ten of the 82 raids locks at the properties were snapped to gain entry.
Miss Syed said that the defendants were arrested in two cars and in both cases the vehicles contained tools and gloves. She said that property stolen included jewellery, cash and laptops and that some was recovered at an address in Princes Road, Wisbech.
The hearing continues.