Council leaders in South Holland and The Deepings have vowed to protect frontline services despite facing budget cuts of ten per cent in 2015-16.
The Government’s spending review on Wednesday has left South Holland District Council and South Kesteven District Council, serving Bourne and Market Deeping, facing a budget fall of up to £600,000.
Exact figures will be known in two years’ time but both councils have pledged to protect residents from the impact of having less money to pay for services such as rubbish collection and leisure centres.
Coun Paul Przyszlak, deputy leader of South Holland District Council, said: “The spending review will mean more of the same for us and we’ll carry on looking to see where we can cut our cloth to live within our means.
“These cuts are two years away so we have time to get ourselves ready, but there are still difficult times ahead.
“So far, we’ve kept and will carry on trying to ensure cuts won’t affect services but it’s whether we can carry that on two or three years down the line because the longer the cuts go on, the harder it is not to cut service.”
South Kesteven District Council was allowed to put up council tax bills by £5 a year in April to safeguard frontline services in 2013-14.
Strategic director Daren Turner said: “At the moment, it isn’t clear how a ten per cent overall local government spending reduction will affect district authorities.
“But we have been preparing for this for some time now and we are working on the assumption that the reduction will mean the loss of between £500,000 and £600,000 to us.
“The mandate from the administration is to protect frontline services whenever possible and we are conducting a fundamental review of all spending to make sure it links to our priorities.”