South Holland District Council's Christmas bin collection dates
South Holland District Council has issued a reminder of the arrangements for bin collections over Christmas.
For the next couple of weeks, usual bin collection days will change as a result of the upcoming Bank Holidays.
The new arrangements will effectively mean that refuse and recycling is collected two working days later for residents for the next two weeks.
The week after that, collections will continue to be one day later than their usual time as the service gradually returns to normal in January.
- Those who usually have their bags collected on a Monday will next week have them picked up on Wednesdays, December 29 and January 5 in the next couple of weeks.
- Tuesday collections will be handled on Thursdays December 30 and January 6.
- Wednesday collections will, for the next two weeks, move to Fridays December 31 and January 7.
- Thursday collections from December 30 and January 6 will be on Monday January 3 and Saturday January 8.
- Streets due for a Friday refuse and recycling collection will have them picked up on Tuesday January 4 and Monday January 10.
- For the week beginning Monday January 10, all collections will be one day later than usual.
As well as this, the district council's garden waste collection scheme will be having a Christmas break - with no collections now due until the week beginning January 17.
Garden waste scheme subscribers will also be able to leave a real Christmas tree out for collection.
More details can be found on the council website.