Cats rescued from domestic property fire in Wyberton, attended by Spalding, Holbeach and Donington crews
A group of cats were rescued from a domestic fire yesterday evening.
Five crews from Spalding, Holbeach, Donington, Leverton and Boston crews attended the domestic property fire at Field Drive in Wyberton at 3.27pm on Tuesday.
All persons were accounted for, but a later update from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue revealed that three crews remained in attendance and had rescued 'a number of cats'.
The cats were treated with oxygen therapy, while medical assistance was reportedly en route to provide support to the property's occupier.
Crews had used two hose reels, one main jet, two thermal imaging cameras and breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze - which had been caused by a cigarette.
The incident resulted in damage by fire, heat and smoke to the entire downstairs of the terraced house, with damage by heat and smoke upstairs.
The occupier suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation, which crews treated with a burns pack.