SIX cancer-related charities have been given a huge boost thanks to Crowland Cancer Fund.
The charity group raises money throughout the year thanks to shops in East Street and Creese Drove.
This year the charities to benefit are:
• East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices – £9,000
• St Barnabas Trust – £5,000
• Sue Ryder – £14,000
• Macmillan Nurses – £7,000
• Marie Curie Cancer Care – £7,500
• The Teenage Cancer Trust – £2,000.
Representatives from each of the charities attended a cheese and wine evening at the Crowland campus of the University Academy Holbeach on Friday night, where they were presented with their cheques.
Press officer Sandra Barrett said: “I would like to thank everyone who supports us in any way.”