Banned driver crashed into car injuring woman and child
A Gosberton man who drove his car to work even though he was banned from driving, crashed into another car injuring a woman and an eight year old child, a court has been told.
Tomas Jerusenko, 33, of Salem Street, admitted careless driving, driving without insurance and whilst disqualified, when he appeared at Boston Magistrates Court.
Prosecuting, Dan Pietryka said that Jerusenko, who was driving his Mitsubishi Carisma collided with a Renault car in Clough Road, Gosberton Clough at 6pm on May 19, injuring a woman and an eight year old child who were in the Renault.
He said Jerusenko, who had been banned from driving just six months before, asked them not to call the police and offered to pay for the damage.
Mitigating, Michael Alexander said Jerusenko 'accepts and has always accepted that it was his fault'.
He said he had been due to start work at 7pm but his lift had let him down and he couldn't get to work so 'took a risk' as he couldn't afford to lose his job.
Barbara Newman for the Probation Service, said Jerusenko had told them he now planned to move closer to his work so that he wouldn't need transport and had disposed of the car.
Imposing a 12 month community order, the magistrates told Jerusenko that he had taken 'a great risk and were caught' and that 'given he was only disqualified last November, the situation is made worse'.
He was banned from driving for 12 months and ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work for the community, as well as being fined £300 for the careless driving and ordered to pay £170 in costs and charges.
More by this authorSpalding Reporter