Banned Sutton Bridge driver tried to give borther's details
A driver who appeared 'unnerved' by police on patrol on the A17 at Sutton Bridge was found to be banned.
Nicholas Horne was pulled over and initially tried to offer his brother’s details.
But officers’ suspicions were raised when he stumbled over giving the address.
King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court was told on Thursday that 37-year-old Horne was “extremely nervous” and his true identity was soon established.
Checks showed that he was disqualified for just under two years in 2017 but he remained banned because he had not taken an extended retest.
Horne, of Allenbys Chase, Sutton Bridge, pleaded guilty to disqualified driving in a Ford Transit and having no insurance on December 1, 2020.
In mitigation, solicitor Ruth Johnson said he had probably looked nervous because he had been in trouble before.
“He believed his disqualification had come to an end in July 2019. He had not appreciated that he remained disqualified until passing the extended retest,” she added.
Miss Johnson said her client was an HGV driver and had been helping a friend out on the day of the offence.
Horne was given eight penalty points, fined £200 and ordered to pay £50 costs and £34 victim surcharge.
There was no separate penalty for the insurance offence.