Home   News   Article

Banned Long Sutton driver disqualified again




A disqualified driver from Long Sutton has been banned again.

Sebastian Berdowski claimed that he had not been notified of a disqualification when he was stopped at Elm, near Wisbech, on October 23.

Police had pulled him over when the PNC showed that the VW Touran might be being driven by a banned driver.

King's Lynn Magistrates' Court (22870407)
King's Lynn Magistrates' Court (22870407)

King’s Lynn Magistrates’ Court was told on Thursday that Berdowski was disqualified for six months in February under the totting up procedure. He was then banned for 12 months in June for two no insurance matters. This was done in Bromley under the Single Justice Procedure and Berdowski was not present.

Last Thursday, the 33-year-old pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and having no insurance.

Mitigating, solicitor Andrew Cogan said: “I asked him ‘why didn’t you go to court in Bromley?’ He said to me ‘If I had been asked to go to court, I would have gone to court.’”

Mr Cogan added: “The long and short of it is he would have been sent notices more than once and I’ve explained it’s up to him to keep the authorities up to date with where he’s living.”

Berdowski, of London Road, was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £230 and told to pay £85 costs and £32 victim surcharge.


Read more

More by this author



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More