Flowers N Things shows us how to create beautiful displays for the home in this monthly column.
Bring these lovely autumnal, sunny days into the home with a display that incorporates some of the attractive natural produce currently in season.
Make the most of the fruits, the colours and varied textures of the autumn.
Pumpkins, gourds and squash in a wonderful variety of shape and colour are abundant and make for a spectacular display.
We have used a pumpkin (choose a size to suit the spot you’ll place it), a few autumn leaves, grasses, Chinese lanterns, berries and foliage from the garden and a couple of stems of spray carnations.
• Take a wedge out of the pumpkin using a sharp knife.
• Fill the hole with a piece of soaked florist foam (a little foil or cellophane round the bottom of the foam stops the water spilling out).
• Simply cut the stems to size, pop them in to the foam to make your arrangement.
• Keep the foam damp and display with a few more autumn, rustic accessories.
• Enjoy experimenting with things growing in the garden or vintage items from the home.