Spalding Golf Club’s junior section are the South Lincs Junior League champions after defeating three other league winners in the area final at Blankney.
The team of Oliver Mitchell (2 handicap), Harry Hunt (5), Hugo Kedzlie (5) and Archie Davies (8) each played three singles matchplay games against opponents from Thorney Lakes, Burghley Park and Sleaford.
Three of the four Spalding players won all of their games and their combined score gave them a 19-point. winning total.
Sleaford (14 points) were second, followed by Burghley Park (10 points) in third and Thorney Lakes (5 points).
They will now face the North Lincs junior champions at Holme Hall, Scunthorpe, on Sunday, September 29, for the prestigious title of the Lincolnshire Champion Club.
• Spalding’s first team squad look as though they are destined not to win the Bramley County singles scratch matchplay title after losing a nail-biting final against Cleethorpes 2 -1 at Seacroft.
This is the fifth time they have reached this final – and have lost on every occasion.
The format consists of three singles scratch matchplay games, played over 36 holes. First out was Simon Richardson (-3), who is in scintillating form at the moment.
He was 7up at the halfway point – and his stunning streak continued in the afternoon. Richardson won at the 28th hole (10&8) and he was eight under par (gross) at that point, putting Spalding 1up.
The other two games went the full distance, with Oliver Mitchell (2) losing 1 down to a birdie on the last hole, after being 3up with five holes to play.
Andy Grimwood (1), meanwhile, was four down with four to play before winning the next three holes.
He then missed a birdie putt on the last to take the match into extra holes, but it wasn’t to be.
• Spalding’s top team completed their South Lincs Scratch League campaign with a very creditable 3-3 tie at home against champions Belton Park, as they finished in a mid-table position.
Winning pairs for Spalding were Andy Grimwood and Lloyd Chatham (5&4), Wayne Wallace and Ollie Mitchell (2&1) and Mal Wray and Keith Hearne (5&4).
• The 3rd team’s run of good form continued with a 3-3 away tie against Toft Hotel. The winning pairs were Monty Brittain and Mike Murphy (3&2), Ray Barnett and Alan Pritchard( 2&1), with the best performance coming from Doug Garfoot and Andy Thomas (5&4).
• A social match at Rutland County resulted in 5-1 defeat for Spalding. John Camm and Mark Cooley were the only pair to shine, winning 2&1.
• Ray Barnett, Norman Miller, Mike O’Brian and Peter Schofield won the last Bank Holiday Texas scramble event of the year with a nett 55.4.
The Kedzlie team of Matilde, Jocelyn, Hugo and Rob took second spot, withCalum and Craig Lewis, Jezz Davidson and Calum Walker third.