The Lincolnshire Free Press trophy at Spalding Golf Club has been retained by Charlie Wallace.
He carded a superb second nett 67 in the 36-hole strokeplay event.
Added to a first round 66, it gave him a 133 winning total.
Wallace (12 handicap) – lying in second place at the start of the day – is only the second player to retain the trophy in its 41-year history.
In second spot was Keith Hearne (65+73=138), with Charles Lacey (71+70=141) in third place.
Other leading scores: 144 – Mark Cooley; 148 – Mark Mitchell, Wayne Wallace; 149 – Mark Dodds; 151 – Andrew Warnes; 152 – Doug Garfoot; 154 – Raich Growdridge
• Social match: Spalding 4.5 Peterborough Milton 3.5.
Winning pairs for Spalding were Mal Wray and Lawrie Haley, Paul Johnson and Steve Camm, and Neil West and Geoff Moyses. Neil Knighton and Roy White, Stuart Bailey and Rob Dunmore, and Bob Sutton and Bob Pearson all halved their games.
• The annual 3rd team past captains’ Stableford competition had more than a dozen ex skippers.
The winner was 2011 captain Kevin Siddle (40 points).
Roger Brown was second (39), Rob Sampson third (38) and Billy Congreve fourth (37).
• The Mixed team shared the spoils against Toft Hotel in a 3-3 draw at Surfleet.
Winning pairs for Spalding were Andy Reedman and Norma Parker 3&2, David Barkway and Angela Roper 4&3, and Alan Roper and Di West 2&1.
• In perfect weather conditions and with the course now back to its best, the 3rd team won their penultimate social match 4-2 against a strong Boston West team.
They had a good start with wins from Rob Sampson and Kevin Bellars 5&4, Dave Fitter and Robin Roffe 2&1 and Terry Thorpe in good form, partnered with Kevin Siddle 1up.
They then stuttered a little, losing the next two games and it took a last game 2&1 win from man of the match Ken Murray paired with Alan Pritchard to seal the victory.
• Ladies: A friendly at home to King’s Lynn resulted in another victory, 3-1.
Norma Parker and Angela Roper won 5&4; Anne Ellis and Margaret Barkway won 5&3; Elizabeth Holbrook and Avril Norton won 5&4, and Maureen Orwell and Beryl Skinner lost 5&4.
• A very enjoyable exchange day with Market Rasen on Wednesday saw perfect conditions and 36 teams.
First place were Mags McArdle, Tracy Siddle, Jackie Bailey and Irene Brotherton, who had a golden day and birdied the 5th hole.
Second were Hannah and Millie Thorold, Dina Reedman and Elaine Harrison.
• Seniors: Spalding 7.5 Sutton Bridge 0.5 (Spalding – Dave McDermott and Ron Rolfe, Barrie Hutson and Mike O’Brien, Rod Hunt and Pete Julien, Malcolm Hole and Roy White, Roger Davey and Alan Prichard, John Tilling and John Patton, and Ian Jones and Mike Gould. Captain Colin Inkley and Johnny Walker halved.)
Thorney Lakes 5.5 Spalding 2.5 (Spalding – Ian Jones and Sam Rate, and Shaun Gibson and Stuart Fitzjohn. Captain Colin Inkley and Ron Rolfe halved.)
Fifty two professionals from all over the Midlands took part in the Charlie Britton Classic Pro-am.
Ryder Cup player Paul Broadhurst and Paul Streeter set a new course record for professionals of 65 (5 under par), Broadhurst winning on countback.
Birdies on the first and last helped him to a share of the honours. His only negative was a dropped shot on the 17th.
He shared top spot with Paul Streeter (Lincoln Golf Centre) who bagged an eagle at the ninth to add to his three birdies.
Wellingborough’s Simon Lilly finished a shot adrift of the leading pair with Kirby Muxloe’s Matt Stephens a further shot behind on 67.
• Men’s section: Rover Cup – 1st Chris Davies 43pts; 2nd Rob Newns 42; 3rd Ashley Anthony 39 (ocb).
Ladies’ section: September Medal – 1st Maggie Bingham 78 net; 2nd Nicky Weller 81; 3rd Marilyn Sayer 82.
TYDD ST GILES
Lee Smith’s Captains Day – 1st Andy Hicks 43pts; 2nd Adam Hodgeson 42; 3rd Shaun Nobbs 40. Seniors – 1st Mike Parker 38; 2nd Brian Gough 33. Ladies – 1st Lorraine Gallie 33; 2nd Christina Stevenson 32 ocb.
Seniors Stableford voucher competition: Diivision 1 – 1st Mike Parker 39pts; 2nd Ron Colledge 37; 3rd Steve Hart 36. Division 2 – 1st Trevor Sewell 39; 2nd John Gamble 38 ocb; 3rd Ken Walker 38. Divsion 3 – 1st Phil L Martin 40; 2nd Brian Gazzard 37; 3rd Stewart Lacey 35. Division 4 – 1st Aleck Henderson 35; 2nd Brian Shales 34 ocb; 3rd Peter Neve 34.
Club championship tournament (two rounds, best two net scores): 1st Steve Hart 133pts; 2nd Trevor Sewell 136; 3rd Brian Knights 138.
Men’s August Medal: Division 1 – 1st Mick Keeling 77-10-61; 2nd Luke Rowell 71-6-65; 3rd Benjamin Dennis 79-12-67. Division 2 – 1st Steven Jeffries 80-14-66; 2nd John Maxey 85-17-68; 3rd Derek Hodgson 84-15-69. Division 3 – 1st Tim Murphy 86-20-66; 2nd Mark Smith 93-25-68; 3rd Rob Mann 88-19-69.
• Ladies’ section: Ladies’ Championship: Scratch Trophy winner – Lorraine Gallie 175.Handicap Trophy winner – Lorraine Gallie 145.Sunday Stableford: 1st Jackie Maton 35pts; 2nd Sue Racey 34; 3rd Soon Latchford 32. Thursday Stableford: 1st Linda Daboo 28pts; 2nd Sylvia Illsley 27; 3rd Karen Slator 26. Thursday Medal: 1st Maria Taylor Vassall 68 nett; 2nd Trish Lacey 73; 3rd Karen Slator 80. Sunday Medal: 1st Petra Meir 69 nett; 2nd Karen Slator 74; 3rd Sue Racey 74. Bespoke Oak August Medal winner – Maria Taylor Vassall 68 nett. Hope Hooper Trophy - Stableford: 1st Maria Taylor Vassall 35pts; 2nd Joan Clifton 34; 3rd Mary Frost 33 (ocb). Away match v Thorney Lakes – halved.