Gedney Hill Golf Club duo David Lord and Rob Newns are through to the finals of the National Seniors Pairs Plate.
They beat John Eve and Terry Oakley, of Langdon Hills Golf and Country Club in Essex, 5&4 in the semi-finals.
The potent pair will now compete in the final at Staverton Park, Daventry, on October 7 and 8.
• Gedney Hill’s annual Daniel Markillie Memorial competition attracted 107 golfers this year.
The overall winner was Rob Newns with 44 points, while first place in the men’s section went to Tony Doyle with 43 points. Top spot in the ladies’ category went to Chris Bennett with 39 points.
The funds raised on the day were split between East Anglian Air Ambulance (£2,000), MS Therapy Centre, Huntingdon (£800) and NSPCC Peterborough (£700).
• Results: Men’s section: GHFC Trophy: 1st Steve Steels 42pts; 2nd Andy Davies 37(acb); 3rd Rob Newns 37.
• Seniors’ section: Gedney Hill 6 Pottergate 0 (Len Kempster & Peter Orbine won 3&1; David Lord & Keith Cooper won 3&1; Neil Sargeant & Tom Penning won 4&3; Peter Evans & Bob Townsend won 6&4; Carol Plume & Peter Vinter won 6&3; Wally Lawes & Bill Sharpe won 3&1).
• Ladies section: September Medal: 1st Nicky Weller 74nett; 2nd Chris Bennett 80 (ocb); 3rd Kim Markillie 80.
• Result: Pub & Club Pairs Open: 1st Rob Newns & Jim Starbuck 45pts; 2nd C Gildon & R Hare 43(acb); 3rd Leroy Lucas & Claude Augustus 43.
SUTTON BRIDGE GOLF CLUB
• Men’s section: Captain’s away day (at Sleaford G C): 1st John Waters 44 pts (ocb); 2nd Alan Quince 44pts; 3rd Pat Land 42 pts (ocb). Nearest to the pin (12th): Chris Ripley; Longest drive (14th): Stuart Ingram.
• Ladies’ section: Lady Vice Captain’s Day: 1st Jenny Wells, Janet Groves, Karen Gillett 59pts; 2nd Judy Green, Fid Cropper, Betty Reeve 58pts; 3rd Margaret Fox, Brenda Barton, Ann Davis 55 pts. Nearest Pin (holes 2/11) Karen Gillett; (6/15 in two) Janet Simpson.
• Result: Sutton Bridge Ladies 2 Ryston Ladies 2 (Margaret Fox & Linda Searle won 2&1; Brenda Bell & Judy Green won 3&1; Karen Gillett & Diane Wareham lost 5&4; Jill McEwan & Ann Davis lost 2 down).
• Ladies’ medal: 1st Jen Baines 93 -22=71; 2nd Ann Davis 104–26=78; 3rd Jenny Wells 103–23=80 (ocb). Best scratch: Jen Baines.
• Seniors’ section: Result: Sutton Bridge Seniors 2 Ryston Park Seniors 3 (Stan Poulten & Peter Wailes lost 3&2; Roy Fox & Charlie Waling won 9&7; Ray Page & Mervyn Williams won 6&4; Harold Shingleton & Don Robinson lost 3&2; Roy Amos & Noel Clare lost 1 down).
• Result: Spalding Seniors 7 Sutton Bridge Seniors 1 (Roger Williamson & Roy Amos lost 4&3; Ray Page &Tony Town won 5&4; John Cross & Peter Wailes lost 5&3; Don Robinson & Mervyn Williamson lost 6&5; Chris Shipp & Roy Fox lost 3&1; Norman Davis & Noel Clare lost 3&2; Harold Shingleton & Stan Poulten lost 7&6; Charlie Waling & Steve Saffer lost 3&1).
• Result: Hunstanton Veterans 4.5 Sutton Bridge Seniors 1.5(Roger Williamson & Don Robinson lost 5&3; Harold Shingleton & Charlie Waling won 2&1; Chris Shipp & Tony Town lost 2 down; Ray Page & Noel Clare halved; Roy Fox & Mervyn Williamson lost 3&1; Roy Amos & Stan Poulten lost 1 down).
TYDD ST GILES GOLF CLUB
• Seniors’ section: Result: Tydd St Giles 4 Wensum Valley 2 (Steve Hart & Baz Smith won 2&1; Lee Smith & Dick Martin won 4&3; Dennis Savory & Eddie Armstrong won 1up; Terry Sambridge & Russell Doy halved; Bob Mann & Tony Petch halved; Salvatore DiBella & Terry Cobb lost 6&5).
• Monthly Medal: Division One: 1st Dennis Savory 81-12=69 (ocb); 2nd Del Marsh 87-17=69; 3rd Lee Smith 81-1=69.Division Two: 1st Bob Mann 91-18=73; 2nd Barry Mutimer 93-19=74; 3rd Roger Lancaster 93-19=74. Division Three: 1st Geoff Sturdy 91-21=70; 2nd David Truluck 93-22=71; 3rd Anthony Petch 93-23=74. Division Four: 1st Peter Neve 97-27=70; 2nd Roger Oughton 97-26=71; 3rd Michael Evans 98-25=73.
SPALDING GOLF CLUB
• Ladies’ section: Result: Spalding Ladies 2 Gedney Hill Ladies 2 (Jenny Wilson & Anita Cross won 1up; Chris Leggett & Elaine Harrison lost 1 down; Olive Gooderson & Mary Ellis lost 2 &1; Debra Ward & Shirley Gurbutt won 6 &5).
• Wednesday Medal: 1st Elaine Hancock nett 69 (handicap reduced to 9). Silver Division: 1st Ruth Atkins nett 75. Bronze Division: 1st Carole Holland (Gold Medal qualifier).