SUTTON Bridge Golf Club skipper Terry Young started 2012 with the annual captain’s drive-in on New Year’s day.
Club members gathered to watch the event after putting their markers down to indicate where they thought the ball would land.
The winning marker was that of Steve Hyde, who was just over two club lengths from the ball. He was closely followed by Janet Groves at two and a half club lengths distance from the ball.
The event raised £65 for the captain’s chosen charity, The Alzheimer’s Society.
• Results: Lady Captain’s Bring & Take and Jean Buckle Trophy – 1st Suzanne Larham; 2nd Karen Gillett.
• Christmas Bring & Take Tappit Hen Trophy – 1st Geoff Coombs & John Cross 40pts (ocb); 2nd Ann Davis & Roy Fox; 3rd Ann Cross & Ken Burton; 4th Judy Green & Richard Titchener.
• William & Margaret Trayford Rose Bowls: Ladies’ winner – Brenda Bell 169pts. Men’s winners – Mike Bell & Roy Fox 157pts.
Tydd St Giles GC
TYDD’S 2011 trophy winners were handed their titles at the club’s presentation evening.
• Winners: Winter pairs – 1st G Pawson & A Stacey; 2nd B Newby & T Pease. International pairs – 1st S Rowell & T Pease; 2nd A Betts & M Stead. Scratch club champion – K Goude; 2nd P Chaplain-Barton. Handicap club champion – P Chaplain-Barton; 2nd R Simpson. Directors Salver – 1st J Mallett; 2nd D Barnes. Gold medal – 1st N John; 2nd T Pease. Rabbits Cup – 1st P Boardman; 2nd P Parsons. Summer Matchplay – 1st K Goude; 2nd M Stead. Summer Pairs – 1st K Dady & I Gerrard; 2nd L Rowell & S Rowell, Summer Plate – 1st M Vassall; 2nd G Fitzjohn. Summer
Pairs Plate – 1st M Stead & A Betts; 2nd R Hook & V Day.
Gedney Hill GC
Men’s section: Turners Turkey Trot: Round one – 1st Colin Rust 65nett (ocb); 2nd John Venters 65. Round Two – 1st Rob Newns 63nett; 2nd David Lord 64. Overall winners – 1st Rob Newns (68 + 63) 131nett; 2nd John Venters (65 + 69) 134; 3rd David Lord (71 + 64) 135(ocb).
• Seniors’ section: Christmas Texas Scramble – 1st Wally Lawes, Bill Sharpe & Roy Howe 59.3; 2nd Colin Rust, Richard Senior & Bob Wishart 59.4; 3rd David Lord, Stan Cleaver & Stuart Field 60.3.