BOURNE Grammar School’s intermediate boys produced a superb display to reach next month’s final of the English Schools Cross-Country Cup.
They booked their place for the December 3 final at Rugby by finishing second in the East Midlands Regional Final at Sheffield.
Peterborough junior 3k road champion James McCrae led the Bourne challenge in seventh and with Joe Searson, Michael Cawood and Cameron Durant also in the top 20 they finished just 13 points behind winners Grammar School at Leeds.
Bourne were fifth in the junior boys’ race where Bradley Allan led their challenge in eighth place.
Jasmine Oldfield was another local to make the top tenth, finishing ninth for the Deepings School in the junior girls’ race.
• Results: Inter boys - 7th James McCrae (Bourne GS); 10th Joe Searson (Bourne GS); 17th Michael Cawood (Bourne GS); 19th Cameron Durant (Bourne GS); 20th Martin Clarke (Bourne Acad); 28th Liam Asprey (Bourne Acad); 30th Tim James (Bourne Acad); 40th Otto Threlfall (Bourne GS); 54th Theo Edwards (Bourne GS); 55th Andy Cartwright (Bourne Acad).
• Team: 2nd – Bourne Grammar School 53pts; 8th – Bourne Academy 132nd.
• Junior boys: 8th Bradley Allan (Bourne GS); 21st Andrew Noble (Bourne GS); 22nd Brendan Andreas (Bourne GS); 31rd Lucas Fidler (Bourne GS); 39th Cameron Everest (Bourne GS); 60th Jack Scholes (Bourne).
• Team: 5th Bourne Grammar School 82.
• Junior girls: 9th Jasmine Oldfield (Deepings); 18th Emma Gibbs (Deepings); 22nd Bethany Denial (Bourne GS); 24th Saskia Hunt (Bourne GS); 29th Lauren Brown (Bourne GS); 36th Leah Smith (Deepings); 39th Zoe Chamberlain (Bourne GS); 42nd Molly Steels (Deepings); 50th Imogen Thorpe (Deepings); 51st Ellie Holland (Deepings); 53rd Louise Lindley (Bourne GS); 61st Alice Calcutt (Bourne GS).
• Team: 6th The Deepings School 105; 8th Bourne Grammar School 114.
• SPALDING’S Nick Grimer won the Over 40 category when finishing fifth overall (29.52mins) in the Ryston Cross-Country at Shouldham Warren.