A WOMAN was treated for facial burns following a freak fire in a three-storey block of flats.
Four fire engines were called to Churchfield Close, Deeping St James, after a cigarette end was thrown out of the third floor flat and set fire to curtains in the flat on the second floor.
A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said occupants fled their homes before emergency services arrived.
Fire severely damaged the second floor flat and its contents, the third floor flat had light smoke damage and the ground floor home had moderate water damage.
The spokesman understood the injured woman was treated at the scene.
The fire started shortly after 9.45pm on Saturday. Fire crews from Market Deeping, Bourne, Stamford and Grantham attended.